Other people can't see or open your combination chests or gold / silver / bronze keys. Gold / silver / bronze chests are visible to everyone but can only be opened by someone with a key.
Broken loot?
Started by LoginPanel07 [3938048] on in Bugs & Issues.
Posts archived: 74 / 74 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Alright, this is too much... 6 items a day max? I've been wandering for 10 minutes and no drops...
Are you using the Christmas Helper script to highlight the ones which spawn behind visual obstacles?
2025 Newspaper article
After a while, your map will stop spawning loot, but you can return the next day when a fresh set of loot will be available.
2024 Newspaper article
This is because the amount of loot you can earn in one session is limited by a cooldown, meaning you'll need to return in a few hours to earn more.
staff should let us know instead of us finding out from newspaper articles
Yes, how dare we find out from a newspaper article written by staff!
We should have been told by, erm, staff... maybe in an informational written format, as this change was some news we needed to know!
Edit: Already acknowledged further down I had a brain fart, was thinking of Cloudjumper not Sugarvalves hahaha sorry :)
I didn't think the TCT was run by the admin team?
I mean I guess sugarvalves wrote it but it says he is on the player committee, not staff?
i mean, we all know people on torn don't know how to read :P
Yes I am using the Christmas Helper IndyCision. Also idk about Helicobacter, but I did read the newspaper before I posted this and it indeed contained that "After a while, your map will stop spawning loot, but you can return the next day when a fresh set of loot will be available". But at the same time, last time I checked(1 minute ago), sugarvalves was a Player Comittee Member, not a Staff member, not the same. Since you like to read I'm guessing you probably read the Wiki about the differences between Player Committee and Staff, but for those who didn't here:
"The player committee often serves as a bridge between the developers, staff, and players of the community. It is made up of a variety of players with different perspectives, experiences and game knowledge. The Player Committee is not involved in every development release, their role includes providing input and feedback when requested by admins"
Meaning, while yes the information was likely projected from admins, it is not necessarily official. However seeing how joecappa linked in last year's newspaper here too, where the 6-8 hours rule was introduced, it's probably official and not a bug. That one is a useful information! Still, it's pretty sad that loot was nerfed this bad though
Yeah, it’s been ass for me. And not in the fun way
Yeah, I actually had a brainfart and had looked up Cloudjumper instead of Sugarvalves when checking whether they were staff lol ;)
XDDD
There was some optimization changes that unintentionally affected the spawn rates. We have reverted the update as of two hours ago, so the spawn rate and spawning mechanics should be back to normal (same as last year).
As a compensation, we have buffed the spawn rate by 25% for the next 48 hours 5 days. The buff will be applied from 22nd Dec 16:00 TCT - 24th 27th Dec 16:00 TCT.
Thanks!
Edit: Ched has decided to bump up the buffed period from 2 days to 5 days.
It was so unintentionally changed that it was unintentionally written about in the unintentional newspaper article that spawn rates had been unintentionally changed to a daily reset.
I mean, y'all want to experiment with spawn rates and numbers and whatnot, that's cool, but do us a favor - don't piss on our backs and tell us it's raining.
Yeah this. Just be honest with us please. If CT is going to be going enshittetened then just own it.
spawn rate
Given that there seems to be a limit to the number of items spawned in a given time window:
Does a buffed spawn rate mean I'll get more items overall, or simply have the same limited number of items spawned for me, faster?
It was so unintentionally changed that it was unintentionally written about in the unintentional newspaper article that spawn rates had been unintentionally changed to a daily reset.
By unintentionally, I meant that the optimization changes were never passed through me or Ched before implementation. This is the conversation from this morning, neither me nor Ched knew about the changes.
We trust the developers enough to make necessary changes/optimization wherever they deem fit. The devs thought that the impact of the changes on the loot mechanics was going to be minimal, if any. They were mistaken in making this assumption and ran some simulations this morning to determine how big of a change it actually made.
As to how Ash got the information for the newspaper, he reaches out to the developers directly before events and gets relevant information from them without having to rely on us.
Appreciate the transparency, CloudJumper 👍
Tnx for the boost and, most of all, acknowledging that there was a problem