I have card skimming next on my lift of crimes, I have the previous 5 lvl 100. im currently lvl 39 in card skimming but what point should I recover my things?
Card skimming
Started by FUCKIN [3552976] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 13
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 12
- Likes on archived posts
- 9
- Authority score
- 45 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
If you're aiming to get CS to 100 without caring about profit, it doesn't really matter how long they're in for, just stick them in and pull them out, when they've got at least one, and repeat.
If you're aiming to maximise profits while raising, you'll want to leave them in for longer. And just do another crime will they build up. This will obviously take a while to get to 100. How long you leave them in depends on how patient you are. I leave mine in for a year but while I was building CS, I had 10 in the gas station for a week and regularly rotating ones in the other places.
But do bear in mind, I did Card Skimming ages ago, the ideal may have changed since then.
I follow the recommendation im the Emforus guide - collection every 2 to 3 weeks
What i did was to max out all my skimmers (edit) at the gas station, then after 2 weeks start collecting/replacing 1 skimmer daily rather than all at once.
I can tell you what I did, and it worked pretty well.for me. Put out all 20 at the bus station and left them until they got over 100 skims each before recovering them. Did that until I had 10k skims then cashed them in for the merit. Did that on repeat until I got to 100 CS. I also left a couple to get to 250 skims for the final merit.
It took a while but I only had 16 failures and 6 critical failures. Then while they were skimming I got on with burglary.
they only get found if you’re offline for a certain amount of time btw. gas station is longest but also slowest, bus stop is next down i believe
Honestly I just kinda skipped this and moved onto the next crime.
Placed 20. Left for a week, collected and reset... It's not a quick way to level but it works in the background
Since you got others to work on you could even set gas stations for 1 month at a time and collect once a month, no rush, you got other stuff to lvl.
You should do disposal and card skimming slowly while working on other crimes. Both are more time gated than nerve gated.
Disposal moves super fast, would say only the easiest disposal even.
- Gas station once a month
- Cracking 1 click burn rigs
- Disposal only dark green (with mod/based on Emph guide)
- Scamming only automated scrapers for now
- Arson only ones that can be completed with 1 gas can/lighter for maximum exp per nerve
- Rest is into others not maxed bottom up.
OP is probably high nuf to do all those things at this point. Maximize efficiency across the board and dump rest into burglary basically. That's what I'm doing, but since I have others what's "left" goes into random other stuff for me.
Card skimming is unique in that you can max it with exceptionally minimal nerve cost, higher card # collections / sells give more xp so assuming you're logging in every day you should always be waiting (to an extent) as long as possible before collecting and selling, the elevated experience gains and nerve saved outweigh the few you may lose from 20 sitting at gas station.
For your reference I got it from level 34 to 100 in about 210 nerve, which was give or take 2 full rotations of 750-1500 card detail collections per skimmer minus the few that got found and re-set along the way. This took about 9 months, it can definitely be optimised further with better patience / planning but there's potential value in collecting at say 1000 instead of 2000 as its a huge instant CE boost that can help towards other crimes / OCs, I like the 1000-1500 area.
It is my recommendation that you do card skimming passively while doing other crimes. It does take more time but you can knock out multiple birds with the one stone.
If you're gonna do it as a dedicated crime then just let the skimmer grab a detail and pull it.
My personal experience with card skimming was using bus station a week at a time until I got gas station, I put out 20 at gas station and recovered them after they gathered 500 details each. Two cycles of this gave me the merits and got me to 100 in skill level. I now have 683 successful attempts 17 failures from the bus station mainly, and 2 crits.
Card details recovered: 55,199
Card details sold: 51,533
Skimmers lost: 38
Bus station skims: 7,174
Gas station skims: 47,403
Money earned: $10,921,975
I don't keep 20 out now, but I do put one out about every 3 or 4 days as I remember, and still collecting at 500 details so that every 20 I collect gives me enough details to sell for max value. Matter of fact, I just collected one. 18:30:11 - 03/01/26 You used 4 nerve successfully recovering a skimmer at a gas station collecting 513x card details
If I were you i wouldn't spend the energy to actively pursue this one, You should instead put all up and check in weekly to replace them until you get gas station, then you can let 'em rot for 2-3 months a time while you focus on other CS