Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Casino Rigging

Started by clownein9 [2494542] on in Gambling.

65 replies · 614 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 66 / 66 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
66
Discussion span
→
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

clownein9 [2494542]

Why did the developer felt the need to rig the Casino? Especially Blackjack. We will still gamble until we lose all our money anyway, there's no need to rig it. It was fun even when losing, because that's the point - just play until you can't anymore. But when the 'cheating' became apparent, it just sucked. I don't need the money nor the winrate. I just want to play, and that's what made me come back to this game. Yet, I was being 'bullied'.

The 'cheating' refers to the dealer having so much natural 17+ cards - especially 20 and 21. The dealer has around 5x more chance to get 17+ cards than you. The bust chance on dealer is also really low. You can see them hitting 3-4x without busting and getting 20/21 more than half the time while the player bust on first hit 30% of the time.

I played a lot of discord bot gambling to know what's rigged or not. You can also test this casino rigging by betting on roulette. Bet on a lot of slots and have around 90% of them green, that should mean you have 90% of winning even if it's small amount (a loss). Yet, you could lose half the time with 90% chance to land on green number.

This is not a rant, this is not a complaint since I can always play another game. I am just very curious as to why, especially when the game have a very lively community. Why does the dev feel the need to 'bully' the players?

IForty [3252040]

It’s not bullying. It’s a money sink. There’s a whole load of ranting and complaining here for a post that’s not a rant or a complaint. 

you’re pulling numbers out of your arse here

Shooby [2510470]

Your anecdotal sample size means nothing, you're also just spewing out random numbers to try and make a point. I'd be surprised if you even know how many Decks torn's blackjack uses.

 

Don't gamble if you don't want to lose. There's plenty of successful gamblers on torn and even more failures.

clownein9 [2494542]

Sigh. Did it even cross your mind that most people aren't actually as ignorant as you? And why are you people so convinced that I am 'pulling out random numbers' when I just said I played ENOUGH gambling games online? There's already someone who did the math on this forum. I was just too lazy to find it again and check it. Go find it and enlighten your ignorant self that what I'm saying is true. It is rigged. And it's not the point. The point is "why".

Shooby [2510470]

"Why are you people so convinced I'm pulling out random numbers"... because you literally are.

 

You sound incredibly stupid for someone calling others "ignorant".

clownein9 [2494542]

I've read the data and I've done my 'research'. I'm just too lazy to find it again and link it here, plus proving the Casino is rigged is not the point. It is already proven (by said link) and believed by many. The Casino has 8 decks. The point you missed here is "why do they need to rig it?" That's it. 

Also who said I don't want to lose? I said I wanted to play until I can't anymore - and that means until I lose. How can you be so confidently wrong?

This is the only time I discussed casino rigging with so many games I played because of the community. I had my hopes up for a good discussion after I read the thread with the guy who made the analysis. Yet, I am very disappointed that the first 2 people who replied both missed the point.

clownein9 [2494542]

But I am not pulling random numbers? If you want, I'll link the study to you. Cus you're so confident at guessing other people's behavior.

Here it is:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16486332&b=0&a=0

My numbers are actually pretty tame compared to their logs. they even got 111x push rate (vs expected).

Next time, comment when you can actually understand the point. Now this discussion is tainted by idiocy. Can't discuss "WHY IT IS RIGGED" now because you idiots would rather defend your delusions. This thread is about "WHY" not "HOW".

If you are not convinced that it is rigged, then why bother replying in the first place? We, who actually did our math just wanted to discuss this.

Mentions: Torn Casino Rigged? My Blackjack Stats Say Yes

clownein9 [2494542]

That one, plus the roulette one. My numbers are actually a lot lower than their computations. Yet they insist I'm just 'spewing random numbers' LOL. Maybe they want wilder statistics in order for them to believe it is rigged

IndyCision [2597200]

Yeah, I thought that thread would be the extent of your research :(

 

The guy is still posting just snippets of sessions where the data matches his argument.

He has had 5 months since then to add all the stats in from all the hands played, and cherry picks what he posts.

 

Am not saying it isn't rigged - but that thread has as much information showing his stats/methods are messed up as there are posts where people agree with him.

IndyCision [2597200]

TNH, unless a group of people all start to pool their logs and all use the same standard rules/strategy for playing each hand, with ALL hands logged to create a non-biased pool of enough information, nobody is going to pay much attention to it.

 

For example, the guy in that thread was calling on 14s when the dealer had a 10 showing - which is an odd choice for sure.

clownein9 [2494542]

I also do that. There are a lot of times I want to check the cards and would willingly lose just to know what is happening. It also gives me a bit of advantage in the future rounds.

Even if we disregard blackjack, we can't disregard the Casino roulette being rigged too. I forgot where I read the research but I also did some of mine. I bet on even/red/first half/1-12/ etc etc until I bet ALMOST ALL the numbers available. I am supposed to win (albeit small amount incurring a loss), 90% of the time. Yet I did not.

I couldn't test this much as it was very boring. As I said, I was just here to play whether I win or lose. It just feels so frustrating when I am being cheated.

Evil_Hamster [794548]

Just a question....

 

Your account is 5 years 10 months 12 days old but your total play time is less than 24 hours ?

 

Do you only log in for Christmas and events to "donate" to another player ?

waTer [2251652]

It became worse than it was with 1 deck. 
But its not rigged, they just nerfed it in way to remove players edge. (they wouldn't need nefing rules if it was rigged, they could just turn house cheats on higher lol)

There still is some advantage for players, but only with very perfect play, anything other than that and house has advantage.