Was wondering if there are older ones than mine. Should be possible the crime it self was released 856 days ago.
Oldest Skimmer
Started by Llyfr [2531272] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 34
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 61 / 100
- Historical score
- 42 / 100
- Story score
- 63 / 100
- Engagement score
- 78 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Are you gonna pull it? Thats crazy i bet its a good few milly. Gotta post results if you pull it
I think it's only worth like 1.5m, having it go as far as it will is way more fun than ending it prematurely imo.
I am collecting all the other skimmers at around 600 card details.
Thought this would be a xanty thread to be honest with you 👀
I'm pretty sure I have the oldest skimmer in Torn
257 days, 4 hours on mines
yeah probably lol
Impressive willpower. I didnt even realize we've been in 2.0 that long
Older than OP's (just), not as old as Wongdai's
I’m really glad this thread came around because I was concerned about my skimmers at the gas station. They are only at 300 details each and I was wondering when I should pull them.
You have me beat by a month!
That’s wild. Gas station safer than bus station, then?
Way safer. 1 skimmer found per weekish.
If you're trying to lvl up quick, 30 days. Otherwise, let em run balls to the wall.
02:39:45 - 08/06/25 You used 6 nerve successfully selling 102,009 card details for $25,502,250
yeah, probably around that much
damn, beat me to it lmao
I know there’s a guide, so thanks for not ramming that down my throat, lol.
I’ve just been installing bus station skimmers and letting them run 30 days. I get maybe 1-3 found per month. I’ve not been paying a ton of attention to it, as I moved to crimes 2.0 right when arson was released. On this next batch, I’ll try gas stations out.
thanks!
Thats my oldest skimmer.
Looking forward to crack the 10k with one skimmer 😄
Do you log the Data of your found skimmer?
Well, Gas station is safer but slower in gathering skimms.
I'm running a long time log of all found skimmer in Bus station just for fun.
See here: Wiki: Card skimming
So far the average time for a skimmer in Bus station to be found is at ~100d with ~1400skimms.
Pulling them at 30d, especially at the safer Gas station, is inefficient in my opinion.
Mentions: Wiki: Card Skimming