I've written many technical papers In the course of my career. If you would like to discuss specifics on my irl qualifications please msg directly.
Do you want to be a Wiki Contributor?
Started by Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor on in Tutorials & Guides.
Posts archived: 298 / 298 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Id love to put my hat into the ring here.
Mechanical engineer by trade, and have many hours in the game, so I'd love to both give back and disseminate some knowledge.
Ok
1
Hello, if the Wiki Team is still looking for more contributors/editors/helpers I would be glad to provide assistance. I have decent experience with MediaWiki.
I love this
I would also be interested in assisting. There's plenty of entries to edit for clarity. (Not a diss; I would like to help improve a tool I use daily.)
I believe I’d be well suited to the Torn Wiki Contributor role because I combine a strong academic background with real-world experience as an Adjunct Professor where I regularly break down complex concepts into clear, structured explanations for diverse audiences. This experience aligns directly with the Wiki’s goal of explaining core mechanics in an accessible, tutorial-focused way. On a daily basis, I engage analytically with systems, both professionally and through personal activity, which translates well into understanding and documenting evolving game mechanics in Torn. My attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and habit of continuously updating knowledge ensure I can effectively refine outdated content, clarify unclear topics, and contribute new, well-organized entries that help players understand how the game works without unnecessary complexity.
Respectfully,
Lyria Hacat
Can I be a Wiki Editor please? :P
I bring a lot of Torn knowledge with me and think I would be good for the role.
I want help on wiki
nah i don't thanks for asking specifically me that question
I'd be interested in the position, in my first few months in Torn I relied heavily on the Wiki and seeing how it has many holes currently, and having had to do a lot of research on my own etc, I would like to help improve the quality of the wiki :)
I am interested in the position. I have the time to update things. I have amicable knowledge and a will to research things.
I always read announcements and do keep myself up to date with updates.
I really wish to help.
If you are still looking for Wiki Contributors/Editors, I would jump at the opportunity to help! I have used the Wiki a LOT myself and have found and reported errors when coming across outdated or unclear information. Being a very active member of the community means I am regularly interacting with different aspects of the game and noticing areas where information could be improved. I would love the chance to give back by helping maintain and expand a resource that so many players refer to, while continuing to learn more about the game mechanics along the way.
Hi Wiki team,
If applications are still open, I'd like to put myself forward as a Wiki Contributor.
For the past couple of years I’ve enjoyed helping other players learn the game. Over the last year, I’ve spent a lot of time creating guides, FAQs and reference material for the members of my faction, with the aim of making game mechanics easier to understand and helping newer players become more confident.
What I’ve written has been kept within the faction rather than posted publicly. I’ve generally preferred helping players directly and working behind the scenes rather than building a presence on the forums.
I enjoy researching how mechanics work, organising information and presenting it in a clear and useful way. I’m also happy to take feedback, correct mistakes and put the time into making sure anything I contribute is accurate and up to date.
I’d appreciate the opportunity to help improve the Wiki and contribute to a resource used by the wider Torn community.
Thanks for your consideration.
My previous application can be found here. I would like to update/apply again since it has been a year.
According to Glandem and her Touch Grass Ratio (TGR), I have spent roughly 10% of my daily time on Torn over the last year. This means I am actively putting in time every day to improve my gameplay. I also probably ask more questions than noobs because I have a desire to understand the game on a deeper level.
An updated and functional wiki is important for the foundation of gameplay. I regularly visit and read articles just because I want to know something. Often I am met with outdated or a lack of information completely. Then begins hours of searching through old forums for simple information or none at all. I can understand why noobs get frustrated and make their silly to us posts.
I am old Torn, but I embrace the new. Wiki Contributor has been a long term goal I refuse to give up on. With my years of experience and eagerness to help, I know my contribution to the wiki will turn it into something players old & new will find useful.
Mentions: Do you want to be a Wiki Contributor?
Staff Edit - Flooding / Spamming
Hi,
if applications are still open, I'd like to apply.
I know this probably doesn't matter, but let me start with a fun fact – I'm also an editor of the main Wikipedia! ;)
When I see mistakes, something breaks inside me when I can't correct them immediately. I want to ease my conscience and ensure that the information available on Torn Wiki pages is always up-to-date and that I'm constantly correcting any omissions ;)
In addition, I try to help new players on their journey through the city of Torn. However, while I often rely on information available on the Wiki, I sometimes have to add to it or point out something that has changed since the page was first published.
I'm very involved in how Torn develops. I enjoy learning new things, and I want everyone to have access to this knowledge.