Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Rest in Peace CHunger

Started by PimpChu [1284243] on in General Discussion.

57 replies · 1.97k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 58 / 58 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Sky [380980] Committee Committee

Chunger and I factioned together in siege the past 2 years. I didn't know him too well but he was always sweet, sometimes difficult, and very silly. I had to remind him to stop hitting online players during termed wars! Other than that, most of our interactions were for his bank balance ha

 

My earliest chat with him dates back to September 6th 2024 that I can find. I taught him what Ipecac syrup was!

 

Some others:

 

 

Reflecting on this now, I wish I took more time to ask him how he was doing and make more small talk. Time is short

 

RIP Chunger, thank you for always being a gentleman

<3

HavokGDI [133687] Moderator Official

inquest was the first real faction I think I was ever apart of. He taught me a lot about this game. So sad to see one of the OG's pass on :( 

PimpChu [1284243]

Chunger always had such a wicked sense of humor, and always delivered it in such an interesting way. i always found him someone i could never possibly be mad at.

thank you for sharing those chats. they very very much remind me of the person he was to me all those years ago 

Max2020 [2609161]

Wow this is sad news,  he was a very good person.

Enjoyed lots of good times and playing poker with him.

 

RIP CHunger 😢

Michelle-420- [732810]

That's truly heartbreaking to have to read this. I have fond memories of having some interesting chats and the back and forth attacks we traded with each other, not out of any aggressive retaliation or anything just a " ha ha your it" sorta thing. Thoughts and prayers to everyone that got the pleasure crossing paths with this guy.

Adaline [1171741]

I remember when I was chasing the Poker score merit, I was playing in the 500k/1m table and other lower blinds tables and CHunger was always there. I hated him for beating me in god knows how many hands of poker. Earlier this year, when I was finally strong enough, I kept on hitting him for years of poker humiliation.

 

I’ve probably lost close to $100mil to him in poker! I’m stingy I know.

 

thanks for all of the battles CHunger. RIP!

Phoenix [85185]

I am saddened to see this post and more so that it has escaped me for months.
Memory fails me as to whether CHunger was calling the shots at (Brotherhood of?) Nod or simply part of it but to me my time there and at Inquest blend into one. Corrections and additions welcome, it would've been the best part of two decades ago now... a lifetime really.
Either way, good times. Chaining learned, flame wars ignited.

CHunger was definitely a character but I could never quite place exactly what type of character he was! That said, based on Sky's posted messages I'm pleased to see he hadn't changed :)
As best as I can remember we had an #Inquest Channel on an IRC server? There are log files of mine somewhere on a, likely rusty, hard drive in an old PC.
He was kind, shared a good sense of humour and offered solid leadership to us too.

Reading his obituary I am somehow not surprised by his exploits and antics. A life well lived from the looks of it.

Rest well, Chris.

Thank you too Pimpchu!