Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Finally wrangling websocket mug bots

Started by Omanpx [1906686] on in General Discussion.

419 replies · 6.76k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 420 / 420 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Fezmane [3025664]

OKAY BUT WHEN I MADE A FORUM ABOUT THE NEWLY ROLLED OUT MUGBOTS IN EARLY 2024 I GOT SHYT FOR IT FROM THE FEDORA TIPPING REDDITORS WHO RUN FORUMS. Uh huhhhhhh okayyyyy!

GIFTS [2612583]

Good, all the POS players that have been gaining on everyone substantially with these scripts, I hope you get what you deserve! 

Bish [141605]

You only have to go one down to find API bot users. In fact, I know the solid majority of the top 20 muggers there use (at a minimum) the API bots, which proves the point of this thread, that the API bots are a problem of insane scale and need to be stopped. These prolific users are just as guilty of ruining the game as those who were fedded today, if not more so, on an objective level of individual impact. 

Tom_kz [2488850]

00:46:09 - 14/01/26 You sold an Armor Cache on your bazaar to xxxxx at $321,888,888 each for a total of $321,888,888

 

00:47:03 - 14/01/26 You added $321,888,888 to a trade with xxxxx increasing the total to $2,097,588,878 [view]

 

^^ Dede

Come on guys, you're making her life too easy now lol. Rip to tnl and shat bot muggers lol

Snickelfritz [2487979]

Using websockets is not scraping nor a non-api request so the the rule seems fuzzy to me tbh. I don't mug and think these bots should be explicitly disallowed, but it's pretty heavy handed to permanently ban people for a "clarification".

Blaze [1591396]

Yes, I guess I did slap your bitch ass around a bit during Halloween.  My bad, I see that it still stings a bit.

 

You've been scripting your mugs for a long time now...hope you've been a good boy...

The_Gorilla [2156388]

I'm all for the feddings, regardless of what faction they're in, if found to have been cheating. 

 

Let's take Torn back to the days of no scripts and force players to use skill only, reward those players who actually put in the time and effort rather than just the tech savvy players.

 

Out of interest, has anyone gathered all the players that have been fedd3d from this into one page yet?

Pampas616 [2586034]

appears to just be the ones spoken about (not seen any others)

Whom

MrRightSA

Brizo

Mr_Disaster

LordeVipor

 

I could be wrong tho and missing a few, im sure someone will advise

harrybarry [3694419]

illegal or not if u use a mug bot you’re a weirdo. i seriously cannot comprehend how anybody could justify using one or why they were legal in the first place. 

 

u gotta be so lazy and boring to use that shit, genuinely where is the fun. just ruins mugging for those actually willing to put time and effort into finding good mugs 

BubbaGump [2872803]

09:00:40 - 28/12/25 You sold 1x BT MP9 on the Item Market to kedo for $769,500,000 after $40,500,000 in fees.

 

09:00:50 - 28/12/25 Brizo and Mr_Disaster mugged you and stole $63,026,379 [view]

 

10:51:26 - 28/12/25 You filed a report on Brizo with the reason: Other

10:52:19 - 28/12/25 You filed a report on Mr_Disaster with the reason: Bug Abuse

 

Brizo and Mr_Disaster today (not due to my reports, but still):

 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

[image: i.gyazo.com]

 

Justice served. Confidence in staff improving. 

Mentions: Brizo [2715469] · Mr_Disaster [2605152]