Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[Userscript] Travel Sync

Started by DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee on in Tools & Userscripts.

7 replies · 921 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
12
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
41 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee

As alternative for TornPDA and TornTools providing your travel data to YATA and Prometheus (an alternative travel data aggregator), I've made a new script. Sending the data to those tools is all it does. Showing the data in tables is still left to the big tools.

 

It's basically a port of my TornTools fix, but released faster. Userscripts are so much smaller and almost always only a single feature, they can be released much faster. I'll keep this feature up to date with TornTools.  

 

Untested on PDA for now, let me know if it works or doesn't.

DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee

If you are aiming at legality,  then yes. Versions prior to 1.5.0 were technical against the rules (but not in a enforced way). Starting with 1.5.1, it's fully within the rules.

 

If you are aiming at personal safety, I'm not the one to answer that as the word of the creator himself should not hold any value to you. (but yes it is, it only sends items, the country and script details to YATA and Prometheus).

BeardedWinger [3681146]

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but what is the benefit of a Travel Sync? Is this meant to more quickly provide foreign stock levels to yata and prometheus or is it just letting those services know that I'm on the move? Finally if I'm using TornPDA or Torn Tools (both actually) is there a benefit to installing this too? TIA .. appreciate all of the coders who build cool things for the community.

Weav3r [1853324] Helper

It's meant to simply provide data about overseas stock to YATA and Prometheus via the API. Your own travel status is not tracked at any point or sent anywhere using this script, nor is your player ID/name even included in the data that is sent to those services.

 

There's no immediate benefit to using this script in addition to TT or PDA. If I understand correctly, he's just released this as a separate script so that it can be updated and fixed quicker than either of the aforementioned services can push an update. Extensions and apps can take days or in rarer cases, weeks, before a published update will go live. Userscript updates are instant. 

DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee

As Weav3r mentioned above, the only benefit here is faster updates. Updates on this script I can make available in a matter of minutes, whereas for TornTools it takes a couple of days before it gets accepted by the stores. And that's assuming I have no release pending already, otherwise I need to wait for the previous version to get accepted before I can even start the review process. So that's why I keep both this script and TornTools in sync.