Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Radiation fallout rant!

Started by Sitram [2575544] on in General Discussion.

40 replies · 910 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
41
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Sitram [2575544]

After the Dirty Bomb was dropped over Torn yesterday, I was unfortunate to be hit by radiation. There are some annoying game mechanics in game, but this is by far the worse. I know this rant probably won't have any effect, except help me release some steam, but I hope my awful experience will help some new players in the future at least know what they should expect, because I still can't figure out what I could have done to prevent this ordeal!

 

I was fully stacked and eagerly awaiting for the faction ranked war to start. I just landed in Torn from Switzerland, freshly rehabbed so I could start the war without any debuf, when I received a system wide message about the Dirty Bomb. I tried to fly away to safety because I had nothing to do with the war between those two factions. I couldn't, the airport was closed. I frantically searched for information on the forum about the Dirty Bomb, trying to figure out what can I do to protect myself in case the bomb detonated. After several searches, I realized I couldn't find anything conclusive.

 

Then the bomb dropped.

 

I lost all happiness.

I lost 1k energy.

I lost all life.

I lost all nerve.

I got 13h or hospital time due to radiation which I soon learned can't be cured by different revivalists.

I got 14% Minor Radiation Sickness, which can't be cured by anything except time or Neumune Tablet.

 

It was a disaster!

 

A faction member sent me a Neumune Tablet and after I took it, I realized that my medical cooldown increased by 3 hours and it's effectiveness to get me out of hospital was "limited". I couldn't buy more because in hospital you don't have access to market so all I could do was to wait.

 

I waited the remaining time to get out of hospital, thinking that once the cooldown will expire, this entire experience will be over and I can get back to my regular Torn routine. Little did I know that once I got out of hospital, the ordeal was not over.

 

I went to sleep and when I woke up in the morning, I checked the game and as expected, I was out of hospital. Unfortunately, I still had 14% "Minor Radiation Sickness" left, which the hospital time didn't cure it. I couldn't find any information regarding how much time I have left until I got rid of this debuf, only that the cooldown can be reduced by Neumune Tablet.

 

Since I was already planning to travel to Switzerland to rehab and recover my Happiness, I took some extra money with me hopping that I could also find some Neumune Tablets. According to the information I found on wiki, this was the only place where they were spawning. As I was flying, I checked the history of this item in TornPDA and to my surprise, none were available in stock in the past 24 hours.

 

How is this possible? A freaking nuclear bomb dropped on Torn and instead of having these tablets available to help poor citizens like myself, who got hit by radiation, someone decided that it was the right time to reduce supply. Disappointed, I took the return flight back to Torn.

 

After I landed back in Torn, I checked the market and found some tablets available at a decent price. Relieved that I could buy a tablet without having to sell an irradiated kidney for it, I bought it and swallowed it. I was hopping that my radiation sickness would be cured. But no, the tablet only cured ~2% of my Minor Radiation Sickness and the Medical Cooldown jumped by another 3 hours :(

 

Now, while I wait for my medical cooldown to go down and prepare to spend another 5-6 mil on tables to get rid of the remaining Radiation Sickness I contemplate on the only positive outcome from this entire mess, gaining the "Radaway" merit!

 

Cheers for the most annoying merit I got in Torn so far,

Sitram

Mikes [3138857]

Imagine getting radiation sickness. I feel for you bro, what a shitter .

Should join a decent faction that provides neo tablets.

15:01:15 - 15/01/26 You fell ill with radiation sickness going to the hospital for 74h 39m and losing 1,000 energy, 39 nerve and 5,025 happiness’s

Sitram [2575544]

Perhaps I should let the Radiation Sickness naturally decay and use medical cooldown to fill as many irradiated blood bags as I can. 

CurlyBracket [2766476]

You think _you_ got it bad???  I got hit by a piece of wallboard and then it took 15....yeah, count em fifteen minutes, to get free-vived!

 

15:01:33 - 15/01/26 A piece of flying debris from a large explosion hits you.

15:16:16 - 15/01/26 Elazar successfully revived you.

 

Edit:

Oops...my bad.  I took me 13 minutes to notice and turn on revives, so I only had to wait 2 minutes.  Still... pretty rough.

 

15:14:10 - 15/01/26 You changed your revive preference to: allow everyone

Matchlock [2227514]

The radiation sickness has a long decay. When I was a new player, exactly the same thing happened to me, I got hit with DB fallout. It was bewildering! I think it took 2 weeks or something for the effects to go away completely.

SabinevonSteyn [2616736] Wiki Contributor

All im hearing is another skill issue from SA leadership, maybe consider joining a faction that isnt a retirement home.

 

 

Edit: forgot to post my log
15:01:47 - 15/01/26 You fell ill with radiation sickness going to the hospital for 13h 22m and losing 1,000 energy, 88 nerve and 4,525 happiness

Lady_White [2676391]

As per the Wiki

Every 7 hours and 16 minutes of radiation time will result in a 1% battle stat debuff

You have 14% so you'll naturally clear your sickness in 101 hours 44 minutes, with the assumed med CD of 6 hours, you'd be able to fill 107 irradiated blood bags, currently valued at $62,136, meaning you could make approximately $6,275,736. At the cost of some reduced stats for just over 4 days.

 

Alternatively, since each tablet takes away 12 hours for 3 hours med CD. you would need roughly 8 (I'm not accounting for natural decay here) to clear it. At the value of $1,799,101, that'd set you back $14,392,808.

 

I know which route I'd go.

Phish [767668]

Buddy.

 

Tablets are like condoms and insurance.. gotta get them BEFORE the shit hits the fan.

 

14:25:18 - 15/01/26 You equipped a Hazmat Suit (Radiation Protection)