Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Personal Calendar

Started by CelestialRel [3903544] on in Suggestions.

6 replies · 43 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
20
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
CelestialRel [3903544]

So my friend just told me her birthday and it got me thinking about how I wish I could save it on my Torn calendar.

 

Don't get me wrong, the calendar is already well thought out and useful for city events. However, I still think it would be a great idea to allow all of us to use it as our own personal one with the same exact look to make sure no one is confused about when events start/end. Just a new option like "add event" that would only be visible to that user.

 

Not everyone subscribes and uses torn stats, so not everyone has a "Notes" section to save things in. I do, but I still would like to be able to save stuff in the calendar. Saving my notes for other things so it doesn't get too backed up and hard to look through. I think this would bring more life to Torn for everyone individually.

 

For example, I would save things like birthdays, measurable goals (e.g., 99k jump date, battle stats to reach by a certain date, xans taken by specific date), private racing events, and other private events. 

 

If you would also find this feature useful please boost this thread and share what you might add on your calendar. Thank you for hearing me out!

 

Kindly,

CelestialRel

BeardedWinger [3681146]

I really like this idea. My faction has a weekly racing league and I'm frequently forgetting and then flying out just in time to see someone mention the race. It would be nice to just set a weekly notification 20:00 TCT - Raccoon Racing League .. It would be cool if we could add events and reoccuring events.. witht he next potential upgrade being a faction calendar where folks could see "Weekly Xanax Competition starts Sunday 00:00" or "Mandatory Chain 11:00 TCT" obviously there are a lot of outside scheduling sites that would accomodate that but it would be nice to have inside of Torn.  

CelestialRel [3903544]

Thanks for your feedback; I was coming from a place of not only making the game more interactive but helpful as well. We already have to use numerous scripts and API keys, so adding events to yet another website outside of Torn is not something on the front of anyone's mind. Point being, a personal Torn calendar would serve myself and others well since it'd be right here in the game.

 

Realistically, it would take less than a day to add that "Add Event" feature I talked about.