Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Buymugging tutorial

Started by Ryuta77 [3949262] on in Tutorials & Guides.

8 replies · 393 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
68 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100
Ryuta77 [3949262]

I made a video of me showcasing how to do a buymug with a live example.

 

A couple of things to keep in mind is that my mug merit was maxed out, while I was using a 24% plunder weapon.

 

Anyway, enjoy watching the video! ^^

 

YouTube video 37hivVjgRnA

Pointless [2774613]

Few things I have to point out here
1. Please get a better voice changer.
2. Usually for doing any buymug, you're supposed to have their attack loader open. Otherwise there's a risk of someone stealing it.
3. You waited until they got out of hospital before buying the items, this also has the risk of someone stealing it.
4. You're going to want to have a good melee weapon with plunder so that you can just spam click it since waiting for a result is slow.

Ryuta77 [3949262]

I like to give it a little delay since one time when I buymugged I earned 0 money because I mugged too fast. Even after the mug Torn said their last action was 9 hours ago, I definitely should do it the way you said as it probably was a one time thing. Definitely need a better weapon that can damage more when I can afford it. Buying the items 10 seconds before they get out the hospital would be better.
Thank you for the tips this will help out
(Also I do indeed need a better voice changer xd)

Pointless [2774613]

There isn't a delay for the target receiving money after you buy their item, the cash goes into hand instantly. It's more likely that the target had a negative balance which is why you got zero dollars from mugging them

ThaWh1teSki7tle [2201418] Reporter

So i admittedly skimmed thru the vid but i didnt see any part involving selling or trading the items off? Maybe im wrong.

 

You DID give us info about your max mug merits & plunder, which is helpful. the first step is to calculate what youre buying amd how much youre paying. With max mug merits the variance is 7.5%-15% of a persons on-hand cash, favoring middle rolls (9-10%). I calculate from 7.5% so ik the bare minimum i can expect to get.

 

Figure out what youre paying total for your items, then calculate;

(Cost)7.5%+Plunder% (24% in your case)((God help me i just used algebra in my day to day life.)) This will tell you the minimum you can expect from your mug.

 

Using the above number (145m) as an example;

(145m)7.5%=10,875,000+24%=13,485,000

 

Now you want to find a buyer. I usually use Torn Exchange but you can prowl the forums/trade chats, unless you really wanna deal with bazaar/market, but then you have to spend the extra time and effort avoiding backlash from ppl you piss off or other buymuggers as you slowly sell items off and for marginally better profits.

 

Find the highest sell price you can for the items youre buying. Figure out the total amount of money you will recieve from selling the items and subtract the amount you paid from it. I usually go for traders who are currently active so i can turn my items back into liquid currency ASAP. The sooner i get the money back, the sooner i can hit someone else. However, if you have a preferred trader or are willing to wait and hope to catch the top buyer, thats up to you.

 

 so if (for example) ill make 134m selling my items, then do;

134m-145m= -11m (negative 11million).

This means 11m is how much you need to have made from the mug in order to break even, and we know AT MINIMUM we're making 13.4m, giving us a MINIMUM profit of 2,485,000.

 

Minimum rolls for mugs are rare, so expect more then that. Now we know that not only can we profit from this buymug, but we actually get an alright mug out of it. If the items cost too much/sell for too little, youll be doing buymugs for little to no profit and youll just make enemies. Plan ahead and make sure the jobs worth doing.

 

Now that you have your buyer lined up and have calculated whether or not that particular buymug is even worth your time, Go to the bazaar page, open the attack loader in another tab (or two different windows if youre on PC or have a phone that can split the screen between 2 apps) and the get your money ready. Withdraw funds, buy max, and mug the player as fast as possible. Ive had a couple mugs stolen by people watching high-value bazaars for other people to front the cash. It hurts, especially when you have to barely break even or eat the loss.

 

Mug the player, trade the items with your buyer (make sure to self hosp, dont wanna get buymugged) and put the funds back into circulation.

 

Ryuta77 [3949262]

Aye thank you for explaining a bit how the minimum mugging works.

 

I haven't explained how I sell my stuff but I usually sell them myself with my bazaar. I often try to make at least a 1 mil profit per mug. I sometimes trade with other players I know from my faction if they need the items and sell them a bit lower than the lowest on the market. I also often go for faster selling items to not spend too much time hospitalized or flying. 

 

I always use ghost trades in order to store my money when it's safe. I did have a few close calls and noticed you can buy stocks and store your money while getting attacked, so either be really quick or use the invincibility from when you land from flying.

 

I'm still learning how to mug better and I got quite a few good tips already so I shall thank you as well.