Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Match Making for War

Started by Shadowfixx [3382297] on in Questions & Answers.

19 replies · 245 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
57
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

Most-liked replies

Shadowfixx [3382297]

Hello everyone,

 

I'm a bit discouraged to continue playing this game, since match making for War is a total shit.

My Faction has to fight constantly against opponents that are way stronger then us (+100mil BS and more).

This match making system needs much improvements!

Can something be done about this? And who of the staff I should talk to about this? I have no idea.. 

Xerra [2775419]

Oh get a grip, you absolute melt. You have to worry about maybe 3 of their guys, and you have a few more players on your roster. If you've done any real wars then you'd know it's more than easy to win a war with this kind of match. Or you just cry-baby term it with them instead of moaning. I've seen some horrendous match-ups before and other people have just got on with it. The system can only match you with what's there. Go moan at bogie about this and watch him laugh at how pathetic you must be to think this is a bad match up.

 

 

JL0ve [3680590]

Reality is that there is no perfect system for match making.

 

OP's Faction has 29 members with what looks to be 1 over 1m TBS and 14 under 100k TBS. I'd suggest that there are going to be very few "fair matches" taking into account faction size, rank and trying to match up with stats.

 

Winning wars and going up the ranks,means fighting tougher opposition and having to think a bit more about having decent tactics and member participation as opposed to try to stand toe to toe and fight it out.

 

It's definitely possible to beat factions with much bigger battle stats but it takes teamwork and coordination to do so.

Blondee [1449781]

As the opposing faction leader of this match up... I fight wars the way they’re meant to be fought — earned, not negotiated. Happy to keep it clean and straightforward 😎

Shadowfixx [3382297]

And for the one that told me to "get a grip", I can't defeat someone with 200mil BS, while being 1mil BS... the fairness is totally out of the window here. And everyone has this situation from time to time. 

 

Be positive and supportive or shut up, your reaction tells more about you then it does about me. And that while I was only asking a question about match making. ;)

DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter

You ever heard about team fights? In our most recent war I(700m TBS) and someone else(2mil TBS) together took  down a 2.3bil stat player. If you aren't going to take any advice, then at least do some research yourself on how to fight more efficiently. 

Shadowfixx [3382297]

Or give advice or say nothing at all. I only asked a question about match making, in the part of the Forum where we can ask Questions ;)

Explain it and give your advice or say nothing at all. Don't you think I haven't checked the wiki or the rest of the Forum? Otherwise I don't ask a question. People don't need to start being rude. Again that tells more about the person commenting on my question, then me.

I don't take it personal. Nor will I care, when I call that person out, that he has to bounty me for it. ;)

 

btw, I wonder how many team fights they needed before taking down that player?

JL0ve [3680590]

You don't need to defeat them.

 

If you have smart tactics you can work around them. Turtle when they are online and starve them of hits, then when they are offline then you make your push.

 

It takes tactics, coordination and teamwork to do it, plus active members who can ensure they don't present easy targets.

 

Even players who are oppressively active for hours at a time can't be online and watching 24 hours a day for the full 5 days of the war.