Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Scope use result not showing

Started by JustJanet [911066] on in Bugs & Issues.

8 replies · 59 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100

Most-liked replies

JustJanet [911066]

This has happened two different times now.

 

 I use scope to spawn OCs and the norm is for there to be both a response saying scope was used but underneath that it shows the crime spawned. But twice now I’ve experienced where the crime does not show. Which would be fine if the crime showing wasn’t in the range I was trying to spawn. So I’m attempting to spawn a 5 but a six is showing and each time I spawn the six shows. I think I’ve got terrible luck but after the fifth time I give up and then realize the crime showing is just the top crime on the list. 

if I close Torn out of my browser and reopen it, it resolves. Is there a way to change the response to include the crime level or name so if the actual crime didn’t show up we can still see what was spawned and not waste our scope?

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

New OC always spawns at the top of the page, I just tried spawning a bunch of OCs with no issues: https://imgur.com/LP83lIO. Are you sure you are not mistaken? Can you provide a screen recording of the issue?

JustJanet [911066]

If I notice it happening maybe. Usually once I’ve figured it out I close the screen and then when I cone back it’s resolved itself. But I will try to pay attention. I was hoping that I wasn’t the only one it happened to. But yes I am positive it happened as described. The first time I chalked it up as a fluke. I didn’t say anything until the second time.  

JustJanet [911066]

Well, I got a photo cap of the response without the showing of the OC but since I needed to research how to video me tooling around on Safari, it resolved itself when I came back to try spawning a crime again.  At least the photo shows the response for a simple assignment when a level 7 crime is showing.  I’ll try for the video next time.  

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

I have attempted a few different situations where this could possible be happening but haven't seen this issue happening. I will ask Nikita to double check this.

 

Thanks!

nikitad [2147691] Tester

Hello
Can't replicate the issue fo far
Could you please clarify the Apple device and OS version?
Do you have a stable Internet connection?
Thanks

JustJanet [911066]

Okay it happened again. I’m uncertain this video will help but it does show I’m on full  WiFi so I guess that tells you something? I mean it’s just cheap but I can watch movies without problems I feel like that means I have enough bandwidth to play torn.