Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Notes overwritten (3rd time)

Started by xyzz [2008838] on in Bugs & Issues.

8 replies · 67 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
xyzz [2008838]

I'm currently posting this with TornTools enabled.

 

---

 

This is the third time a note of mine has been randomly overwritten (by another note) - meaning the title is the same but content is overwritten by another note's content.

 

Please fix this bug, I searched the forum a bit and found other have had problems with this aswell.

 

For the record, I have not added or deleted any notes in the past days. My guess is it's because I have multiple browser tabs open and when i open the game on mobile or the next day it loads the content of one note into another note and saves it. Poof.

 

Super annoying and frustating that I now have to keep my notes outside Torn to keep it safe lol, but don't see another option until this is properly fixed.

 

Last time (a couple months ago) the exact same thing happened just with another note. After that, I took a backup of all my notes, but it's a bit outdated now... So please send me a backup of my note titled "Notes + 2026 goals", from 1-2 days ago should be fine.

 

(insert south park "Aaand it's gone" gif) 

 

toshykazu [1435333] Admin Staff

The notes bug was fixed long ago. I didn't see any changes in your notes in the last days, except that another note was selcted and an empty note was deleted. 

If you still have a bug, it would be nice to have exact steps to reproduce. 

Thank you!

xyzz [2008838]

Thanks for the notes but it doesn't seem like it contained the content i needed.

I guess it could have been longer ago then, since the backup you sent me says it was modified 14 days ago? Do you have backup before that, for the note "Notes + 2026 goals" ?

 

I know i updated it in december and in the beginning of january with goals and stuff.

 

Reproducing this bug is not easy as it happens very rarely, but my theory is that it's something about having multiple tabs open, selected a note in one window and then close everything - and then open game on phone (and maybe switch note) and next morning open PC browser with the game tabs already loaded (maybe switch note again) and it overwrites data since it looks like it's updated somewhere in there. idk.... I could probably find it if I could see the code, but i guess that's not an option :) 

toshykazu [1435333] Admin Staff

Thank you for the info about reproducing the bug. 
I'll ask QA to help me with that.
Regarding the backup, since it is not present in our latest backup, retrieving it will be more difficult. I'll pass the note further. 

nikitad [2147691] Tester

Hello
Could you please clarify your action to replicate the issue?
I haven't faced with the issue before
Thanks

nikitad [2147691] Tester

Hello
Noticed some issues concerning mobile-PC Notes sync (for example: Notes are not updated in desktop after changes on mobile)
I will pass the issue to CJ to make a decision regarding this: pass to the Chats maintainer or other solution regarding this
Thanks

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

If there are any issues, please create a ticket, add the details and assign it to Constantin. I will assign the report to Constantin. 

 

Thanks!