Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Looking for Advice!

Started by Scuxzy [3723470] on in Questions & Answers.

3 replies · 74 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
27 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
Scuxzy [3723470]

What is up, Torn fam!?

I'm relatively new, started really playing about 3 months ago, made my account last Easter, and dropped the game. Since being back, though, I have been super invested and excited to have gotten into the game now! My current question is that I am having a hard time seeing progress where I am currently. Not at all getting discouraged, just taking to the forums to ask for some of the veterans' best advice for what they would have done if they were back in my position! I have done research in the forums, read Baldr's guide, etc. I just wanted to see what everyone's best advice is for me! Whether it is for money, stats, etc. 

 

A little background: I am level 15, and from what I've seen, it is a good idea to hold and max stats until around 150k before you start getting the defense merits. Thoughts? I looked into Happy Jumping, but I'm not ready to try it yet because I don't fully understand how to do it. (Yes, I read Baldr's guide on it. I work at a clothing shop right now, which is a limiting factor when it comes to advancing my stats. Should I switch jobs, and if so, where? For money, I have been traveling to and from Africa, selling smoke grenades or Ivory when it's available, and that has been a sustainable source of income. Is there much more I can do at my current level? I do have a PI rented with one of my faction members from earlier this week, so I was super stoked to take full advantage of it and get it before my first Happy Jump attempt. I am sitting just under 1 billion in net worth and have most of my money tied up in stocks to "protect it". Is that the right move? Should I be utilizing the bank more? 

 

Either way, super blessed to be here! And super excited for the future within the game! Much love to everyone!

 

If anyone is feeling generous, feel free to shoot me some love had to throw it in there! 

 

Thank you in advance to everyone who comments! 

 

~Scuxzy 

Ken_Ichinaka [3312334]

Travel to UK for flowers / plushies for better returns and no wasted energy. You'll need all your e for training. Don't worry about happy jumps. I've never done one and I'm doing OK for my age. 3 Xanax and a refill everyday while working in a Music Store is good enough.

PRKUNA [3872233]

If you are storing your money without much active use, you should utilize the bank and earn passive income on it. But if you want to start trading, you would want to keep it liquid in stocks.

Happy jumps are faster than normal training only if you can afford to do them regularly. You may want to join a 10* AN to double the edvd benefits. Otherwise a 3* and above music store will help you unlock better gyms.

Tornacious [2516540]

I recommend reading up on the tutorial and guides! There's a lot of information for new and returning players. Also if you're not in a faction, I'd join one because they often have valentines day events that could help you make more money/ Welcome back to Torn!