We have pushed an update to handle another issue that should improve things here if your case involves having chats minimized on screen (no chat heads in maximized state). The issue is still noted and being worked upon.
Thanks!
Started by PMV [1577993] on in Bugs & Issues.
Posts archived: 95 / 95 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
We have pushed an update to handle another issue that should improve things here if your case involves having chats minimized on screen (no chat heads in maximized state). The issue is still noted and being worked upon.
Thanks!
Doesn't seem to help sadly. I gave it some time but I still get random lockups even with minimized chats, the only way to stop it is to block the whole chat again. Then the entire site is responsive with no freezing.
It's not a huge deal for day by day but during a real war, it takes me out of the fight entirely.
And now I've noticed that now there's google tracking on the pages on here so if I turn adblock off, that all comes through. :(
Anecdotally, the update that was pushed seemingly fixed all of my page lag problems.
Before it, I had to constantly duplicate the tab to "start fresh" to get rid of the lag. But I also had horrible page lag even with the chat app blocked (via script or uBlock), and my chats are usually minimized anyway.
For me it seemed that enabling any script seemed to exacerbate the issue. It was no singular script causing issues that I could find in my troubleshooting, but with any enabled it seemed to make the lag worse than playing with none (even TornTools).
I dont know if this is just a coincidence, or if Im on drugs, or if its related - but when I was cache farming in bomb shelter, chats were a lot 'lighter'. I didn't freeze nearly as quick and hard as I do now and it was barely noticeable. I honestly forgot there was a problem.
As soon as I got back into NS1, a lot of the freezing 'returned' and Im having to disable it again.
Im wondering if it's related to faction activity?
I'm not sure they're actually looking anymore.
It has been better overall when things are quiet but any time it gets heavy (clashes during wars, elim in your case), the chat just shits itself and it takes all Torn tabs with it.
Sendbird is just not it.
yeah, I know... it's more rhetorical. You're right... everything's fine when it's quiet...
But it's insane that a messaging app should use 1GB of RAM and keep climbing...
It just makes no sense at all.
I still switch to chat 2.0 during ranked wars. Otherwise open 5-10 tabs and gg browser
Any staff updates ?
Update:
toshykazu says:
Actaully we are testing a fix, it should be released at the end of this week if we're lucky.
Mentions: toshykazu [1435333]
This issue should now be resolved in beta24. Please check if this is still happening, if you are absolutely certain that this is still happening, please reach out to me so we can troubleshoot the issue.
Thanks!
Appreciate it.
It might take a few days since it happens mostly during RWs for me.
Hello,
I know there was a recent update to Chat 3.0 to address the memory leak, but from what I’m seeing it still doesn’t look completely fixed.
In the screenshots (of Process Explorer) above, the top window is Chat 2.0 and the bottom window is Chat 3.0 (both with more or less the same time interval of testing, ~10 to 15 mins). Under heavy usage, Chat 3.0’s memory keeps climbing and reaches around 2 GB, while Chat 2.0 remains much more stable.
I’m not a tester nor an expert, so take this with a grain of salt, but based on this behavior it still feels like something might be off. It would probably be worth having someone more knowledgeable confirm whether this is expected or if there’s still a leak present.
A good upcoming test period will be the ratz vs odb war coming up. When they're clashing, have chat windows open (and maybe chatting) while watching the clash (and hopefully there will be a strong one out of the gate).
If the whole browser starts to lag out after a few minutes of it, you'll have your answer if this is fixed. The expected activity level should cause issues almost immediately.
Mentions: ODB [42125]
so far so good. Far better than it was previously.
I'll keep on testing for a while
Beta 24 wasn't helping much, but B25 seems to be MUCH better thus far. Great job guys!
Over this valentines event, chats been an issue again. But Im not sure if that's just because of the event or if there was a change added that restored the problem.
Same kind of issue, garbage collector pegs the CPU at 100%
Yeah, I've been having 1.5 to 2 GB of memory for a single tab over V-day once again.
My most impressive was 7.9gb this time around.