Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Will/inheritance question

Started by DefilingDemon [700846] on in Questions & Answers.

15 replies · 248 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Most-liked replies

DefilingDemon [700846]

Hypothetically, if I was to stipulate in my will, in the event of my death I wanted a player or faction to take possession of my in game assets, Would this be allowed? 

 

Likewise if I was to leave my account to someone would that be honoured? And under what terms

Lick_My_Muff [3927175]

Leave your login details to someone you trust with instructions on giving your stuff away if you're dying, and I'm sorry if you're dying :(

Grafiti [1557036]

Not really. You cannot leave your account to your kids, that goes against account sharing rules, even if you're dead. Unless you manage to hide it well enough that no one ever suspects that someone else is playing in your stead.

 

Also real-life wills might not be legally binding for in-game assets like factions, and even if they were it is logistically very difficult to ensure that right line of succession is followed.

 

When you die, you'll go inactive, and then starts a 30 day timer after which the member who has the most days in the faction gets the faction. I imagine it would be very difficult to get lawyers to send a notice to Torn, communicate back and forth with the admins and ensure the faction goes to your heir within those 30 days. Once the leadership changes, Torn staff cannot enforce your will on it any longer as it is the property of the new leader by Torn rules.

 

Maybe Torn should introduce a feature which allows a faction leader to name their heir rather than it just going to the next longest serving member.

 

Edit: I misread the question and went off on a tangent lol.

iTzUltra [3941573]

Your account dies with you.

Giving someone your login details (even in a will) is Account Sharing. The Feds won't see an heir; they'll see a rule-breaker and ban them immediately.

If you want them to have your assets, send them while you still have a pulse. Once you flatline, it's game over. I hope you will never have to write that will but if you do, consider me as you heir… XD

Avery [2765920]

Maybe Torn should introduce a feature which allows a faction leader to name their heir rather than it just going to the next longest serving member.

I think there have been one or two big cases where this is relevant recently, but leadership goes to the Co unless the wiki is just outright wrong.

 

Co getting ownership presumably is the leaders desires.

D_BOSS [2736054]

This "HEIR " thing is a great idea...other than co-lead or 30day pass down... I like the idea...it gives real life family member the change to step in your shoe like the real inheritance.

Gladion20 [1832984]

There was a suggestion to make this a thing, but I dont think it got any traction, and I suck at searching the forums to find it.

DefilingDemon [700846]

Lol no, there was no gun to my head. And I sure as feck hope I'm not about to keep over.

 

So I can understand the answer relating to the passing down of an account.

 

But what about assets? 

Lantian [3029152]

same thing really. you either give them away while alive or they die with the account.

 

anything else is currently against the rules im afraid.

 

(happy to hear you are doing fine though)