Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cartel war

Started by Sannemander [2088627] on in Politics & Law.

14 replies · 54 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
10 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
Sannemander [2088627]

What do you guys think about the cartel war going on in Mexico?

 

Normally I would be very skeptical of American intervention, but in this case if  the US works together with the Mexican government to fight this very well armed cartel it could benefit both nations, less fentanyl in the US, and a end of a lot of violence in Mexico.

 

But yeah, than it has to be planned with good intentions from both sides, than I might actually give it a pass.

 

Of course, the best option will still be the Americans stop buying drugs, but that is wishful thinking I guess as long as the pharmaceutical companies are getting away with addicting people.

 

Anyway, more violence again, everyday the world seems to be more disrupted 

EddieLee706 [1591144]

Nothing new same old shit. A new cartel boss will pop off from the cartel Civil war.

 

The cartel owns the government. Something like 25 special operations were killed. 

 

Drugs will keep coming in..... 

Sannemander [2088627]

Well yeah agree to that, in this case they didn't own the government though it seems since the government killed their leader.

 

I guess a good step will be to hold the pharmaceutical companies responsible and stop prescribing drugs like they are candies. I mean when I'm in pain I also want relief, but here before they give you anything stronger than aspirin you have to be in a really bad state. I never had anything stronger than that and opiates are really the last recourse.

ZickyJackz [497258]

They f**ked up.  They likely did massive long term harm to their tourist income.  Which will get The Mexican government very upset.  

Sannemander [2088627]

It was on cooperation with the US

 

A new U.S.-military-led task force specializing in intelligence collection on drug cartels played a role in the Mexican military raid on Sunday that killed the Mexican drug lord known as 'El Mencho,' a U.S. defense official told Reuters

EddieLee706 [1591144]

Yea your second paragraph is unlikely to happen because they pay off the politicians, just like the cartel pays off politicians or kill them off.

 

The cartel has run things in certain sections of Mexico for years. The cartel lost their leader, a new one already replaced him and they killed off 25 special operations soldiers. This is an extremely high number for a small group(SO). 

Sannemander [2088627]

Yes, agreed also, that's why I said that it only.works if both parties do it in good faith, which unfortunately is also very.unlickely.

 

Trump certainly would want something back for.it, I'm sure stopping fentanyl from killing Americans would not be enough, and Mexico would need.to go after paid politicians by the cartel, which is also very unlikely.

 

Ah well, a man can dream I guess...

daprinceomar [2125322]

Its horrible. I like to visit Puerto vallarta at least once a year. its my favorite and 1 of the safest towns in mexico, i also have a couple properties there. I have been in contact with my friends and tenants there and praying everything settles down and they are all safe.

EddieLee706 [1591144]

This is already known. The cartels been funded by the government like how Bin Laden was to take out the bad guys..... 

 

Terrorism pays well. International weapon selling.

 

Edit: At least in America i can't speak for most other countries governments.

Cyrax [249578]

Pretty common occurance for that region, no? My guess is not much will change. Although the deliberate threat to target civilians on the street was grotesque. In order to "fix" this will take a lot more violence. Even then it may not work permanently. 

 

As for the worldwide violence, does seem to be on the uptick. My guess is, that will get worse. No explanation for this is needed. People are more at odds than ever. 

 

 

UncleI [3012215]

Now that the US is taking action, I don't think that not much changing is being considered a viable option. I doubt the targeting of Cartel leadership will end now, nor be restrained to the Sinaloa Cartel. Trump seems pretty set on bringing North America under US military control for the Golden Dome

UncleI [3012215]

I just found out that he's already hit a second cartel leader. Nemesio "El Mencho" Cervantes from the Jalisco New Generation Cartel

Cyrax [249578]

Could well be right, but they'd have to get more involved eh? Not sure that purely providing intelligence will be enough. In saying that, I have read previously theyre likely to provide direct action raids and/or surgical strikes. 

 

Time will tell.