Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

100% Merits

Started by TheBaddestDude [3304983] on in General Discussion.

22 replies · 1.12k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

TheBaddestDude [3304983]

Are we missing something?

 

Propose to have merits for

 

  • ✅️ 💯 Driving Skill
  • ✅️ 💯 Reviving Skill
  • ✅️ 💯 Completion of highest level for all city jobs
  • Passive perk for every city job (Arianna)

 

Why?

 

We have merits for

 

100 Hunting Skill

100 Levels 

100 CS for Crimes

100% experience on 25 different weapons

etc.

 

Honorable mention

  • X number of Shit post (Sweeney_Todd)
  • 100K karma (Sealion)
Beerstein [1322136]

Driving already has several unless they moved one from 10 to 100 due to the change in how it works that'd make sense.

 

Reviving is its own reward.

 

Max all city jobs is not an accomplishment of any kind.

aHunterGatherer [2657909]

I sure don't read these things ... I don't know what compelled me to say that.

Beerstein [1322136]

Go get 100 hunting then we'll talk xD

 

You're 12% through and 66% of the way to 2/3 merits. That's over 130,000 energy for the one merit with no other tangible benefits.

 

Translated into 2m per attack through mercs, mugging etc. that's $10,400,000,000 which is higher than your total networth.

 

10 racing skill takes f**k all and there's 2 merits early there. Makes sense to move one since the formula changed where 10 is easy now and 100 is attainable.

 

They need to stop giving away merits for doing f**k all unless they give more to spend on.

CrashCoredump [1359983]

OK THAT'S NOT TRUE

 

if you get enough R+, staff (sometimes even chudborn) will read your suggestion and then post that they are choosing to ignore it

Callaghan [1316121]

Absolutely, however it's impossible to get enough r+ for your suggestions in the new merit ideas thread because nobody ever reads it. I do still encourage making merit suggestions in the howling abyss of the sticky but I wouldn't expect anyone to notice it exists.

Arcanine [2837805]

...Has there been the "there's a Suggestion forum for this?" post yet?

If not, here. I am. Being that one person.


Nvm, that's what I get for skimming.

BoogalooBoi [3120475]

I agree that there needs to be medals for both reviving and racing. Honor bars are covered there, but medals would be pretty sick. Probably for total races won for racing and total revives for reviving. 

Makes little sense for busting to have medals and honor bars but reviving only gets honor bars. And only for doing niche things. I get that people “pay” for revives but that play style stunts your growth. It deserves some more incentive. And racing is self explanatory. It has a cult following but there’s little reason to minmax after you’ve gotten the three-four merits from it if you’re not doing tournaments. 

Knirt [3033570]

Not sure I want to max army grocer and casino jobs.   I would but giving up a real job for almost a month for a merit is expensive.   And 3x is excessive. 

 

 

Also that name is taken.

 

Arianna [2816038]

I would prefer to see permanent passive perks being added for all completed city jobs (only 3 have it now) than another merit.