So do you sweetheart.
Not entirely sure how that's relevant though.
Posts archived: 48 / 48 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
.
Im not a fan of turtling, but its a solid strategy when done correctly. Theres no point forcing factions to stay out when they dont have enough members to fight. You are basically suggesting free win because you were ready to fight while your opponents were not.
The better solution would be improved matchmaking, though even then some turtling would still exist. Offline players shouldnt just be free points.
If this hasn't been derailed with shit talking for my current war I'd have seen this earlier. VALID POINT!!!
Terms can be whatever you want:
All war hits in Switzerland
No self hosping or turtling
Racing to some condition for some amount of time to determine winner
Only leather armor
Only melee
Don't have to term for win or lose!!
Please do not make another suggestion lil bro
Crazy thing for the leader of a warring fac to say.
Better matchmaking is of course the north star suggestion - but I'd also argue that if you enlist for a war, you are committing to being ready for a fight, right?
I'm sure there's enough data from all RW's that they can find some imbalances and correct matchmaking, no? Anyhow. Didn't intend for my first comment to hijack this thread, sorry OP lol.
I like some of this, but you lost me at fedded players, lol. I agree that more protections for real wars would be cool, but to immediately pull everyone out of hosp or jail is a bit extreme. I wish there was a way to have respect decay for self hosps, etc.. and while I think war needs a drastic change (along with Territories), this may be too extreme a measure to implement all at once.
I like the direction, though.
Generally speaking the best plan is the one that gets you the most money, not necessarily saves you any time.
I know from experience my own members would prefer a 5 day war if it meant getting paid over letting a faction pummel is for 6 hours "just to get it over with".
Atleast the name matches the attitude
I like it!
I think a penelty for a given length of time not made by your oponents would be good.. like if you self hosp or get hit by a merc, every consecutive hour you are in hospital bleeds 10 points to the enemy faction, or loses your faction 10 points, either way works!
I think i would trade all my original suggestions in for that...
I can respect that, but that's not how we like to war. We want to get matched and fight, win or lose. If we get slammed, well, back to training we go. If the war lasts days due to a good matchup and it's a solid back and forth, that's a great war.
All depends on the intention, I guess. Which shows that when two factions with different purposes for warring get matched, you get issues.
... casual players ... better strategy
I honor you for trying to reinvigorate the flames of passion for players to war and have more active, less negotiated wars. However, I feel your perspective is rather narrow and would be more harmful than good for active, invested players with more aggressive play styles.
Imagine if all you had to do to dictate a win was have everyone able to be online and pushing full bore at the commencement of war. Wars would be decided in minutes rather than hours or days simply by opportunity of who is online.
War mechanics are far from perfect but balance is better, IMO.
Perhaps start with something as simple as allowing code to incorporate things like warring style or fixed time-frames or even letting people choose if they want to fight termers or no termers would be a simpler, albeit less 'exciting' solution.
Well, this just won't work. The first clear point is that not everyone will be online at the start of the war due to time zones and IRL commitments. Fedded players being hit is silly because they can't attack back or even see past the fed screen; you might as well make Fallen players attackable too. The entire current RW system is fine as it is (for planning and strategy). There's a reason people pre-hospital; they are members and use revivers against enemies who slip with revives. You will never be able to encourage real wars in Torn; it's been tried too many times. People just want simple, free cash.
That’s a very subjective opinion. I don’t war for the money. I understand a lot of people do though. But even then, if they drag this out that long by turtling they still aren’t going to get better rewards and they are risking losing their ability to match up for the following week where they may be able to get a more even war or someone willing to term. I just see this situation as a leader pouting and throwing a tantrum for not getting her way instead of thinking of her entire faction and doing what’s best for them.
I love how that's coming from the noob, who's so f**king cocky, even though you're one of the weakest people in your faction and then talking shit about your opponent faction, because they'd rather turtle, than bend over.
You DO know, turtling can give them a chance to win, if their activity beats yours, even if you have higher stats than them in general.. Right?
^ This is the way
Activity over age, strats over stats. Numbers only matter if you can put them into the equation.
Well, I wasn't gonna even bother to comment, but:
You made a suggestion thread, and then (roughly) 7 hours later you changed the suggestion entirely.
So no matter what, this is basically null and void as far as votes go (for 250+ likes to get suggestion looked at.)
What's to stop someone placing almost endless bounties on one sides offline players, to guarantee an easy win for the other, in your scenario?
If both sides do it, they'll essentially cancel each other out, then it becomes just as tedious as a regular "turtle war" but, costing even more money, just to negate the initial shortcut by the first faction.
You know there are hundreds of players with the means to do this. 🤔
Very fair point!
I knew it would be a controvertial, and i didn't quite consider it would remove strategies for the weaker side.. i just like a good old slug fest after spending far too many hours running turtle tactics for very little net reward.
And like Thunderblitz says, my new suggestion would just be loopholed by the leaders bountying their opposition lol
I think i'm with you, i'm gunna request it to be graved lol
Sometimes its not about commitment. Ive fought against the chinese (SMTH) a few times. If the war starts during Chinese nighttime, they have everyone hospitalized for 8 hours. Thats how you properly turtle. You give your side an advantage. If they dont turtle, they only have a handful of players against western players at their peak time. Thats a guaranteed loss..
One idea could be awarding some points to the side that remains active while the other side turtles.