Dear Ched,
In two straight patches, you have nerfed my primary, secondary, and melee.
Thank you for this...
Currently getting xp on the brick if you really wanna shoot a guy when he's down.
Started by Andyman [471591] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 82 / 82 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Dear Ched,
In two straight patches, you have nerfed my primary, secondary, and melee.
Thank you for this...
Currently getting xp on the brick if you really wanna shoot a guy when he's down.
Very welcome.
For reference:
This was my mugging loadout that lost a TON of value, now I have to be very careful about when I'm throwing molotov lol. (I can no longer get the plunder bonus on wind-up turns)
I also have a red irradiate dagger and 45% stricken RPG that previously had this bleed shotgun in the loadout for the initial turn.
I’m mad because i looted a breadknife and now it’s less functional and not worth as much (probably).
boo ched!
May I please test it?
I’m not talking in a “borrow-but-thieve-scam”, but legitimately just want to try using one.
The brutal part about this update is it indirectly buffs the top ~40 or so battlestats big time. Especially anyone over like ~150b strength who can get away with using terrible revitalize weapons without any real recourse.
The primary red revitalize weapons like the Thompson and MP 40 are now kinda bleh in real wars for the vast majority of players. (They'll take too much damage trying to land the revitalize last hit and the weapons hog the powerful primary slot)
Maybe just my experience, maybe an over reaction on my part... But using bad bases in fights that matter is already really tough. You have to use different weapon combos to make it work well. Lots of fun theory crafting.
In a war that matters, how useful are single shot heavy weapons? Can someone like deft use these against RG now? (not that they were really before, but this change takes it completely out of possibility)
This update makes their use even more niche than they already are... Makes good bleeds less valuable too imo, since a lot of advertising around strong bleeds is to pair them with other weapons for finishing hits shrug.
Fair, but with Stricken weapons low accuracy ratings (I run a Stricken SMAW for suppressing small noobs with large mouths or who like to harass newbs and need a lesson in humility, so I'm very familiar with them), they clearly were already intended for hitting weaker opponents, not as reliable weapons in "fair fights".
So I 100% see how it sucks for fair fights now, but its clear that was never their intended use. So if that's what y'all were using them for... Sounds like it was a case of "We were lucky because we could use them for things they weren't intended to be capable of" up until now.
Ched, do you honestly understand the definition of synergy or even strategy? it seems you are slowly but surely destroying players abilities to have differing builds in this game... What next? one button smash for all things equipped?
cries in poor
Kind of unfortunate for me because I was using this to funnel weapon finishing hits, but I also think this is much more intuitive than the previous behavior. (Why should your warlord proc when it never even touched someone?)
You can still use DoTs to help weapon finishing hits though, this change only matters if you miss or reload on the killing turn. So speed, dexterity, and weapon accuracy matter somewhat more now.
I am not a fan of these recent nerfs at all. They are f**king with things that people spent billions on based on how they worked. The time to catch these things is in QA. If you miss it there then the cat is out of the bag and you should simply own your f**k up.
Terrible game design philosophy to keep rug pulling players.
People are saying this was clearly broken/unintended. An older post by cloudjumper was saying the opposite. This was known and simply how the finishing hit weapons were supposed to proc. Used to be cited on the wiki, it's been removed completely from citations after change...which is kinda annoying in itself
...I might have asked out of curiosity why this was not happening with irradiate a few days ago...an utterly irrelevant bonus, it just seemed inconsistent that it would be the only one to not proc on DoT...My bad, I'm not opening a bug report again without considering the possible stealth "fixes" it could bring 🙁
Mentions: Proficient
While being able to feed revit/warlord/stricken hits to other players via DOT was kinda broken, I'm slightly confused about the impact of this on a single player's fight.
The wording in the patch suggests that as long as the weapon with the utlility bonus does damage on the final hit, even if bleed etc does damage as well, you'll get the utility bonus. If so then I'm okay with it. If it's the case that the utility bonus has to do the killing amount of damage and not like, a little less with the bleed finishing it up, then it becomes very risky to ever use bleed in fights where you need that bonus. E.g. when I'm mercing and need to stricken on the final hit I can't risk using my bleed melee at all.
Has anyone tested to check which of these two it is?
The weapon itself must do damage in the finishing turn.
Even if the weapon doing any damage is enough, it means if you reach a reload or miss them while they're low health you are not getting the final hit proc. That could happen in a fight where you weren't relying on DoT to land any hit at all with your stricken, just unlucky.
I dont mind changes. I just hope its not only nerfs. Would like to see some buffs aswell. Achilles meta inc? 👀
Yeah that's slightly annoying but it's not as bad as if the weapon has to do the full amount of damage to get the kill. Generally I'm only using a utility bonus against relatively easy targets where I'm unlikely to miss, but it would still often be the case that the timing of that hit is such that it isn't doing the full kill amount and the bleed finishes it off.
Heavily buffing Roshambo on lower damage weapons only, so a humble wooden nunchuks turns a groin shot into God-tier damage?
How is this a nerf lol. It is literally fixing something that has been broken for years. If you want to Stricken, finish your target with a stricken. If you want to Revit - finish your target with a revit. If people genuinely think this is on par with how bad Puncture was nerfed, you really need to sit down and think again.
p.s. don’t forget the rage/fury interaction nerf too, genuinely don’t understand how it’s a “bug fix” when other weapon combos can proc in the same turn just fine