Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Problem With payments@torn.com

Started by TheStigDriver [4158725] on in Graveyard.

26 replies · 176 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

bogie [148747] ×2 TheStigDriver [4158725] ×1

TheStigDriver [4158725]

Torn Friends, 

 

I'm getting pretty frustrated about an experience with the guy running payments@torn.com.
I'll summarize the problem quickly, then paste our unhealthy back and forth below. 

- Bought a donator pack with crypto. Money is spent

- Received confirmation number

- Did not receive donator pack

- Contacted payments@torn.com, he has no record of the transaction

 

 

I've still not received the single donator pack.
It should be clear that I won't be back to the game.

I'd like to just have a refund at this point.

 

Below is the email correspondence between me and Joshua, Torn Community Manager, ID: [148747]

 

 

____________________

 

 

 

From Me: March 11

Paid for donator pack with order number 34972905 but did not receive.

 

TheStigDriver [4158725]

 

From payments@torn.com: March 12

 

Hello, I do not recognize this order number - was this with Googleplay? There should be an order number beginning "GPA."

 

From Me: March 12

 

This is a bad experience.

I've attached all the things that your website asked me to keep.

 

Order number 34972905

 

[two jpgs and one mp4 of the transaction were attached as evidence that I've spent my money]

 

From Me: March 12... 5 business hours later

 

This is very frustrating.
You only have three payment methods.

Paypal, Amazon, cryptocurrency. 


How do you, the maintainer of payments@torn.com, not know this?

I've done above and beyond what a smart person would have asked of me to prove my purchase.

This is not fun. This is annoying, it is proving to be a mistake to have even started playing this game.

 

From payments@torn.com: March 13

 

We also offer Googleplay payments via the Android app which is what I was querying. 

 

The payment here appears to be expired and never reached us, you had potentially sent this through after it had told you the payment option was no longer available and had expired - if you reach out to Coingate support they may be able to assist if the funds were sent to them.

 

From Me: March 13

You are now putting it on me, the customer, to track down why and where your payment system failed. 
Take a look at the user experience from my perspective.
You'll have to remove your head from your ass in order to understand it:
- I went to torn.com
- I clicked buy with crypto

- I bought, the money is spent

- I got a confirmation number

 

Now you are tasking me to go hunt down your third-party payment processor to figure out why they aren't giving you the money spent on your website?
It is not my responsibility to fix this. 

 

FFS what is wrong with your judgement?

I didn't "potentially" send anything through. 
I paid for a donator pack, when prompted, with my wallet.

I am not going to go write emails to your contractors to ask them why they aren't sending your money, earned on your website, to you.

WTF even is this?

Mentions: bogie [148747] · TheStigDriver [4158725]

TheStigDriver [4158725]

Re: And this is a general discussion how?

@Lady_White



Because the "general discussion" forum serves as a catch all for general conversation that doesn't fit into other categories, you ****.

ita [2523178]

is this post supposed to show youre an entitled clown? i suggest restarting and getting that DP in a new account

TheStigDriver [4158725]

Re: They didn't receive the money, it's not their responsibility to fix it. 
@ANG3L

They may not have received it, but they certainly ushered me to give it via the "Donator House"

rabbit [1995921]

Do what he says and head to coingate support? If you spend money out your bank or via paypal, who do you contact when you have an issue? Thin air apparently. 

 

The self proclaimed smart man. What a guy.

Geese [3275580]

bogie, politely asking for further clarification:

 

Hello, I do not recognize this order number - was this with Googleplay? There should be an order number beginning "GPA."

 

Your immediate reply, clarifying absolutely nothing at all:

 

This is a bad experience.
 I've attached all the things that your website asked me to keep.

 

later, bogie fully explains the problem and the steps you need to take and you tell him it's his problem to sort?

Brother, if I had a problem with a payment through Amazon, I would talk to Amazon, not torn. Do you not understand what a payment processor is? Why are you so dense?

 

TheStigDriver [4158725]

Re: @Ita

How exactly am I supposed to get that DP into a new account? 
I paid for a DP and never received it.

Then I had to endure a conversation with an idiot, bogie [148747]

Mentions: bogie [148747]

Avery [2765920]

Cryptobro once again shows why people that use crypto, f**king suck.

 

The entitlement is off the f**king charts.

123 [2561502]

13:20:16 - 04/11/23 You attempted a 7.76 USD ($9.70) Coingate order but it failed: Wrong status: canceled

 

Let me give you some advice… don’t use crypto for DP it’s a waste of money!! I added up paying more on the fees let alone “20% off” and it’s a hassle… just be normal and use PayPal it’s totally safe!! 

ChefH2o [3685736]

Had an issue with crypto as well...... Had a nice chat with Torn's Community Manager ( bogie). Crypto is managed by a third party, so if you reach out to them with the transaction information then they will take care of it.  It was relatively easy. Just need the transaction hash and the wallet you sent to. They will confirm and take it from there.

 

 

No a torn issue, not a GD issue.

 

( edit: can't spell... but can cook)

TheStigDriver [4158725]

Re: @Geese

I have a confirmation number that literally says it is from Torn. 
I attached screenshots. 

 

Why is it so hard for these assholes to give someone a $4 Donator Pack that has clearly fallen in the cracks of their flawed payment processing system?

This is fake monopoly money. 
You are delusional.

PhoqueYou [3366164]

Couple questions for you:

  1. You do know there’s a quote button?
  2. You do realize that buying DP’s with crypto costs more than just buying normally?