Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Need Some Advice

Started by AsmodeusStar [3494760] on in General Discussion.

21 replies · 554 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

Bonar1994 [3423555] ×1

AsmodeusStar [3494760]

Hello!

 

I am a leader of a faction, and one of my senior members took out 2 billion and ghosted. There were no indications he would do that, but as the leader, the fault lies with me for not being vigilant enough. I have tried to get in touch with him through all the means available to me, but no dice. I personally dont have that much money to cover the balance, otherwise I would have covered the negative balance myself.

 

Does anyone know anyone else, whether it be players or organizations, who give out loans to players?

 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kwack [2190604]

Some players will give out loans if you have collateral. But if you post evidence of the theft here, the community has their own way of handling these kinds of things. Where clicky name?

Lady_White [2676391]

Yeah you’d be better off naming and shaming this dude with evidence of the theft. The community doesn’t like vault thieves but they’re not going to start a witch hunt without proof. And I don’t see why you’d want to cover for him anyway

HolyFuck [3474044]

You own a company and a faction that are collectively worth roughly that much, I'm guessing.  I suggest liquidating and moving on from leadership for a good number of reasons.

AsmodeusStar [3494760]

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt since he was a really active and trusted member of the faction. He also lives IRL in the Middle East which is actively going through a war. I just hope he's ok. I do realize I will have to cover the balance I arranged for half of it and the other half I'm working on so lets see where this leads. 

FirstL15ht [2342206]

Unfortunately you don't have many options.  Ask your faction members to put their trust in you and lay out exactly how you will pay them back over time.  

 

It's irrelevant why the player took out 2B without asking and went silent at this point, treat it as lost and move on.  If you can recover it later, great, but odds are not in your favor.

AsmodeusStar [3494760]

Yeah that what I did. Its been an eye opener for me. We are a player owned faction so im not the only owner. All Shareholders have access to the vault as a privilege. Looks like I will have to relook at the whole process. 

JustJanet [911066]

This is the great conundrum of running a faction and depending on trust and integrity when choosing partners to run a faction with.  

It sounds like you are uncertain if he ghosted you, or just can’t log in for some reason out of his control.  If he is inactive and hasn’t been online the whole time, then your doubt has merit. If he ignored your questions and has been online, he’s a scammer and should be outed and booted. 

You’ve already gotten some good advice on how to quickly recoup the loss.  Lay it out on the line to your faction on how things are. I’d suspend vault access from everyone but you immediately.  Some people panic when shit goes down and think, “ I better get mine before there’s not enough left!”

 

Start doing a few RWs and earn the cash back. I think you should at least do as many as it takes to recoup the immediate loss and just distribute the money as is needed as expeditiously as possible among those who lost it.   Once you’re square, you should do a few more where 50% goes to the faction.  Put that in a money making stock bonus block. Just keep it there as your, “if ever scammed again I have a source to repay the scam” back up plan.  the bonus is that it will pay you a dividend once a month and either buy stuff the faction needs or raffle it away. 

Once you’ve managed to repay the debt, if you reopen the vault to all stakeholders, you need to make certain all members are okay with the situation so they can decide what amount of their cash they are willing to risk in the faction bank.  I always advise members to find several ways to squirrel their money away.  Points, stocks, and banks are all decent options.  The faction vault should be a holding place for movable money. 

 

If you can, maybe buy out some of your members so that you can mitigate your risk if you keep the banking privileges the same. Finally, make certain all members understand that this trust is given and there is a risk.  I would not give the access back to everyone.  Stake holders not okay with this new situation would have to be bought out.  This isn’t a knock on anyone’s trustability. It’s a common sense, unemotional, strategy to keep assets safe.  Every person who has access is a potential way to lose the faction’s assets. I trust everyone in my faction. I don’t let them all have access to the bank.  

While you absolutely may trust everyone, if you can’t afford to repay what potentially can be lost, you can’t afford to give that trust out to just anyone.  Your duty is to the whole faction.  You can’t let the emotional baggage of a member offended at not being trusted manipulate you into gambling everyone else’s assets.  

I’ve been playing this game for nearly 20 years and of the people with banking privileges, our noobiest banker has been with us for over 4 years. It’s a tough gig figuring out whom to give the duties to.  You need both dependable, and available people who are active and show up.  Choose the ones who have shown they are willing to sacrifice their time, assets, and energy on the faction.  Good luck.  

One last thing.  When a person with vault privileges goes inactive, turn off their privileges after a given time.  Who knows what happened? Someone not so trustworthy might gain access to their computer and just for shits and giggles log in, tool around a f**k things up.  Stop the things you can. Hope for the best with the things you can’t.  

Crimsom678 [3415948]

Brother give their name and want proof by the end of the day they will have 100 bounties all worth 100k if not just delete this post .

 

Edit: Checked over 6 of his wars indeed some members were there and left but none have their networth increase .OP probably stole his faction’s cash and blamed a imaginary character after being robbed no one would have the rationality to seek logic behind why they were robbed . The is no other explanation of why he is not telling us the name of the perpetrator.