Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Title changes

Started by Jukoabee [3820877] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 179 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
Jukoabee [3820877]

Don't know if I'm posting it in the right place as I'm not a frequent Forum poster, but I guess we'll see.

I earned the scavenger title eight months ago when I was a silly noob (more so than I still am), and I put over 5,000 energy into the dump. Since then I have only searched the dump a couple times other than the Xmas Duke dump event. I cannot seem to get rid of this title, and I would like to.

So I guess the question is, is my title broken or do I just suck and I don't rank high enough in anything for it to change? I have tried flying a ton, started racing a bunch and in the last couple months doing a bunch of bounties. For example, this last week I have collected about 90 bounties. I feel like that's a lot, but maybe not. Maybe if I could get a frame of reference from somebody on how much they did something before earning the related title, I could get an idea of how close or far I am from earning a different one.

Knirt [3033570]

Just keep going and it will change.   You can check torn stats, it's not perfectly accurate but will give you an idea of how close you are to a different title.   

Jukoabee [3820877]

Update: For anyone that cares, though thats unlikely.

I checked title progress on Torn stats. Somehow after 8 months, my rank for scavenger was still showing at about #4400. So it hadn't changed yet because I havent gotten anything higher than that. Getting close with a couple tough.

So hopefully soon I'll have a new title.

AirQuotes [2302761]

https://www.tornstats.com/tools/titles

Tornstats titles tracker is great. OP mentioned it, but lurkers should try it.

 

But it's not perfect. The numbers represent tornstats users, not all of Torn.

More importantly, it can be deceptive. People assume you'll get the title you rank highest for, but you are compared to your peers, and your more recent activities are weighted more heavily than past activities.

 

If you like 'buster' or 'samaritan' they are easy enough to get. 

Buster is really easy for young people to get because young people do very little busting. You really need a script to help you quickly filter busting targets so don't just yolo it, but yeah, buster title is easy to get for young people.

 

Also Samaritan can be grinded for. Just send 1 beer to a zillion people. Solved. 

 

Flying a lot? meh. That's common practice in young people, so you aren't going to stand out from the crowd. 


At Torntools, you can look for the things you rank highly for, and try to lean into them. 

Good luck!

Jukoabee [3820877]

I finally got a title change! I am now a hired gun for my continuous claiming of bounties. Need a little quick money? Claim a bounty. Faction is chaining? Claim bounties. Bored? Claim some bounties.

Rodrick [1402437]

I used to have the Hired Gun title and with over 1,300 bounties claimed, it stuck for a fair while. Now I have the title of Tourist, which is not as good as hired gun but with the amount of travel I do, I think I will be stuck with it for a while. That's just the way it goes.

Shlefter [2901183]

there are a few that can be done fairly quickly if you are willing to spend the time like Samaritan (items sent) or socialist or the like. For me though, I'll be stuck with racer for a while because I decided to get the leaderboard merit via racing wins.