Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Language rule

Started by Stormper [4166704] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 168 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
19
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

Stormper [4166704]

Today I log in (1 week playing) and see the rules area is blinking, obviously I click it and read the rules, and when I reach the last one, I see that it is prohibited to "speak" other languages than English, and I need to know WHY? Is it prohibited in all ways? What happens if I chat with a friend who is also spanish, privately? Am I still getting banned? And how does this work? Are the moderators reading all the things we write, searching for this? (With all the other staff not allowed) Can someone explain to me and/or leave an opinion? (In English, we don't want bans here)

Warriordud [3177526]

the rule specifies that it applies to creating content publicly, you would almost certainly be fine talking with people in other languages in DMs, and you would most likely be fine in your faction/company chat as well (although i could be wrong on that, i would suggest you ask a staff member directly for clarification)

 

also, i doubt you would be banned for doing this, at most you might receive a chat ban if you continued after being warned

JustJanet [911066]

The rule applies to public chats and forums.  You can run a faction of like speaking people and speak the language. You can pm people as well.  The idea is that the game’s universal language is English.  Moderators speak English so can moderate that language. It’s tough to moderate what one can’t understand.  It’s really not that difficult of a concept.  

The funniest and most irritating challenge of this rule was EvilDuck’s Duckese phase.   I learned to love ED but his Duckese phase was one of the worst chapters of Torn Forum Lore.  

IndyCision [2597200]

As JustJanet already said (and as the rule itself says) - it is only for public areas.

Messages/mails direct to players are fine. Even faction chat is fine (if the faction itself is OK with it)

JustJanet [911066]

It was a mix between a leet speak and ED’s unique style. It happened before the new forums.  It might be viewable in the archives.