Long story short
I'm suggesting players be allowed to attack themselves.
Short story long
So I just embargoed myself just to see if I could (and to prank my boss) and apparently that works.
I then copied my user id, went to attack somebody, and changed my target in the address to my id and saw I cannot attack myself.
While it may seem like a waste of energy, I could see this being used as a self-hosping method, especially for those who have merits in hospital time. And I can imagine a few merits related to attacking yourself.
Self-Inflicted: Send yourself to the hospital through attack.
True Coward: Attempt to run from your own shadow
Total klutz: Get sent to the hospital after failing to run away from yourself.
And for those of you who remember the movie Liar Liar, perhaps make it so players who try to attack you while you are attacking yourself can achieve the merit Do You Mind: Walk in on somebody kicking their own ass.
But yeah, suggesting self-hosping via Self-attacking.