Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Emulation anyone?

Started by TracyTsu [4096163] on in Gaming.

6 replies · 58 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
11 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
TracyTsu [4096163]

I'm still a bit new to it all but I love anything retro, especially games. Anyone else play a lot of games via emulation? Any suggestions for anything kinda niche?

 

I mostly play via PC but I would love to have an Ayn Thor someday. Currently, I'm playing Hotel Dusk: Room 215 for Nintendo DS and I'm (slowly) going through any Fire Emblems that were localized for Gameboy. I'm also pleased that I got Cyber Doll, a Sega Saturn game that has yet to be translated, up and running through Retroarch with Luna Translator helping me with translation from Japanese :)

 

 

RealTeel [3008047]

I purchased an R36S off of AliExpress for like $14 USD and it was literally the best bang for the buck. 

 

Emulates all the way up to PS1 reliably, and has postmaster support (Vice city, stardew valley, halflife, and other ports)

 

I mostly play Pokemon ROM hacks. Also been replaying Super Metroid again and it's awesome. 

RealTeel [3008047]

Emulation meaning playing the ROM hacks. 

 

Emulation in this sense is referring to being able to play a game on a different device than the original (in the case of Pokemon it's usually Gameboy or Gameboy advance emulation)

 

But I agree. I just finished Unbound recently, and it is leagues above any of the mainline games even 

NyanMango [2349157]

Cyber Doll looks really cool, I watched a guy named Majulaar on Youtube review it and I've wanted to give it a spin myself ever since.

I'm also working my way through the old fire emblem (and Advance Wars) titles right now. Currently halfway through Genealogy of the Holy War.

If you're looking for something niche, I recommend Uncharted Waters: New Horizons for the Super Nintendo. It's a lot like Sid Meier's pirates, but it came out a decade earlier. GOD: Growth or Devolution on the same console is also really good, and the best way I could describe it is like if Earthbound had an edgier forgotten sequel.

VampRaz [2677965]

Retroarch on Steam works quite well as an emulation option, just found it this year and already played some Godhand and Animal Crossing, sadly i could not run the Switch games on there