Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Criminal record issue

Started by BaggyWrinkles [3145984] on in Bugs & Issues.

8 replies · 372 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
14
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
41 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

Most-liked replies

BaggyWrinkles [3145984]

I tried to just get this handled with a simple player report on myself, in order to not clog up the forums, but apparently that isn't OK.

 

Hello, this form is only for reporting rule violations. Please make a bug report in the forums for this matter. 

 

So this is what i reported:

 

Over the past several months, i have considered putting this in "bugs and issues" forum, but didn't bother, because it is not very important to me, nor do I see any other players with the same issue. 

 

Would I like a reward for reporting a legitimate bug,? sure, but i doubt that this would count for that.

 

When viewing my criminal record page, under Arrest Warrant, I have always shown N/A as a result, even shortly before being arrested for a several million dollar award. Others that i have spoken to, can see an amount there, but i never have. Just curious if something is actually bugged, or not. 

 

Honestly I don't care what it is, I will be arrested when someone deems it worthy, but it would be nice to view on occasion, to know when to expect my next arrest.

 

Any help would be appreciated 

WaywardSquid [2330087] Officer Officer

There's a hidden criteria (besides the arrest warrant value) that triggers you becoming available as a target. Your warrant value still keeps getting built up till the hidden criteria is satisfied as well. The page displays N/A if you don't satisfy both conditions. It changes to the value once the hidden criteria is met and you become arrest-able.

ThunderBlitz [2684774]

I'm not sure this is entirely accurate, or, perhaps the bug runs deeper than you've been told, as I've also l noticed this issue for quite some time (the whole reason I just went looking for posts like this) and, have often been arrested less than an hour after seeing it at N/A, having not made any in-game actions in the meantime (been offline.)

 

So, unless this hidden criteria is entirely passive, which seems a bit absurd given how anti-automation Chednerf is?  😂  This just raises more questions than answers.... 🧐

 

Either way, is there really any need for whatever this hidden criteria is?  An arrest warrant is an arrest warrant; it's self-explanatory.  Why bloat an already swollen codebase even more than it already needs to be?  (Genuine question)

 

 

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

have often been arrested less than an hour after seeing it at N/A, having not made any in-game actions in the meantime (been offline.)

 

Any evidence of when this happened?

BaggyWrinkles [3145984]

As a dev, don't you have access to view that on your own? Like check his last arrests, and see what pages and actions were done in the hours before them? 

 

I agree with thunder though, that seems overcomplicated for absolutely no reason.

 

Considering that I always get arrested for ~$7-8m, and most people i know are arrested in the $2-4m range, obviously your hidden criteria isn't a dollar value, at best it is time gated. But why? Why go through the trouble of making a complex criteria,  just so some players can view their arrest warrant, and others can not? We all know, that we will be arrested once someone deems it worthy, no sooner.

It seems asinine to introduce more code for something like that, or to deny a bug that is there, but very few people care to even notice or mention because it is a waste of time to dig into code that was already a waste of time.

BaggyWrinkles [3145984]

Closed it again. Sure, just prove that you don't give a rats ass about your players concerns,  thanks for not spending the time looking into this.

 

Such a torn hero!!!

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

As a dev, don't you have access to view that on your own? Like check his last arrests, and see what pages and actions were done in the hours before them? 

 

Yeah I can see what is happening and I can also see that it is accurate and as per design. Which is why I am asking for evidence on when something like this happened to validate if something is broken or not.

 

As for your other query about not giving a rats ass about player concerns, you are free to think whatever you want. There are hidden criteria for unlocking the arrest reward on your head, players are free to explore and figure out what it is. If nobody wants to put in the effort to figure out game's secrets then it is your choice. The Criminal record page is working perfectly fine and it shows you the arrest warrant when it is available to be claimed. The most wanted list is generated about 5-10 times per hour on average, if you are put on the list, you get arrested pretty much immediately after because the demand is super high.