I have only every received email from George for email validation and the 8 mission emails and a temp password, but no news letters, I have been playing a year now, have checked spam folders, and authorized email (whitelist) from torn includes (george@torn.com and noreply@torn.com), I have a hotmail account and not sure what to do.
Missing NewsLetter
Started by LordJippo [3649484] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 56 / 100
- Historical score
- 27 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 43 / 100
And you definitely have them set to "subscribed"?
https://www.torn.com/preferences.php#tab=email-subscriptions
This event log will confirm whether they have been sent to you:
double checked, I should have posted that, sorry, and thanks, and I see the logs hmm have double and triple checked the email spam folder and as was saying torn is in the whitelist, wonder if changing emails would fix it or should I say keep and/or resend them to new email
If you have a spare gmail account, you can try switching to it. Hotmail has always been overly sensitive about blocking newsletters, we have taken a few steps to mitigate the problem, but there's nothing more that can be done from our end to improve the situation.
Thanks!
You could try sending them to another email - but hotmail should work for you - my wife uses one and gets the newsletters OK (but they did get put in her spam folder sometimes)
Edit: Ignore me, just checked and whilst my wife DOES have hotmail as her usual email address, she uses her gmail for Torn.
Thanks I will switch to my gmail account
Just an update changing from hotmail to gmail worked, thanks for the help guys!
I guess I miss out on all the other newletters dam.