can be closed
#closed
Started by Kolja_Goldstein [4243843] on in Graveyard.
About this thread
Posts archived: 26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 26
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 38 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 54 / 100
- Engagement score
- 63 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Glasnost [1844049]
· 6 likes ·
I've been here over a decade. I am pretty well known in the tools/scripts community here, and run one of the biggest tools in Torn. My networth is over $20bn. Even my reputation is unlikely to be enough to offer … - Belle [2869292] Moderator
· 1 likes ·
Moved to Graveyard
I've been here over a decade. I am pretty well known in the tools/scripts community here, and run one of the biggest tools in Torn. My networth is over $20bn. Even my reputation is unlikely to be enough to offer this service reliably enough. Why would people trust a 2 day old account in an apartment?
when thats the only reason you can bring on the table then i dont know its a dead argumentation, i want to build business for people with trust issues
i dont care about the money i only care about to build something like you do, you make yourself a name in the script agenda so i want to make me a name in the trusted
What i have when i scam people? you are long here you know how people end when they only wanna scam
I mean 1% of 1m or 10m is enough i think for passiv income only be the escrow service
when i have 2 customer a day its much enough money, maybe you see more like me because you maybe know how to invest and so on, i dont know what to do exactly with money i only like to earn something with work and build a name for myself
What kind of transactions are you looking to middle-man, and why are you posting about this in Tools and Userscripts?
Are you the Tool here? Or is that the person that's using your service?
> According to the forum rules, scamming is not allowed
What forum rules? You can scam anywhere in Torn. The only thing you can't do here is the equivalent of Malware (releasing scripts that have non-stated or malicious purposes)
Scamming happens in Torn, that's what Trades are for. If you're buying something that can't be traded for, then you're running that risk, hence the need for people showing evidence of their work prior to getting paid for it
Get to level 15 and start flying for money. This isn't going to work.
I mean, if nobody needs it, that’s totally fine—I’ll just leave it. I just wanted to build something like a small business that operates outside of the usual game mechanics. That honestly interests me more than making money by scamming people or selling random stuff. I like thinking outside the box.
And considering the amounts of money flowing around here—at 1%, why not?
Even if you’re already trusted, maybe you’d be open to referring some of your clients to me and taking a small cut. There are plenty of deals where you might charge, say, 10 million—adding a 200k fee on top wouldn’t make anyone complain. That way, you’d basically be creating a role or opportunity as well.
I know that might be a lot to ask, but you get what I mean. Anyone can make money by scamming, exploiting others, or doing the usual “crime-style” stuff—but how many people can honestly say they made real money through fair and trustworthy work? And not just a little, but a significant amount—while also building a solid reputation.
In the long run, your reputation and the opportunities that come with it are worth way more than a quick few million. And honestly, where’s the challenge in just scamming or getting easy money? Doesn’t that take the fun out of it? Easy, fast money feels outdated—like 2016. It’s 2026. Build something smart, create structures, think bigger—but don’t go around ripping people off like it’s the ‘90s.
Please do a ctrl find and replace the — when your LLM spits this out for you.
I appreciate the hustle of trying to find different ways to scam/help people but I don't think this is it.
You seem to come up with alot of ideas for a young player..
"Anyone can make money by scamming, exploiting others, or doing the usual “crime-style” stuff—but how many people can honestly say they made real money through fair and trustworthy work?"
Quite a few of us actually..
Do as everyone is saying and grow your own networth first and then start to get trust from players when your older than 2 days..
This right now is never gonna go anywhere because people won't trust you and rightly so because you've been here for 48 hours in total..
Some people have spent many years making a name for themselves and building up reputations, this isn't something your gonna do in 2 days and people won't trust others who have no networth to speak off either 🤷
Because I’ve noticed that in this kind of business, everything is built on trust. People often want half the payment upfront and the other half after delivery—but the problem is, if someone delivers and the software turns out to be poor or not useful, you’ve already spent money on something that doesn’t work.
Of course, you could go deeper into this with things like video proof and more detailed verification, but I don’t want to overcomplicate it at this stage.
At the end of the day, I simply see that there’s a lot of money moving around here—large amounts—and 1% is basically nothing. It’s the minimum you could reasonably charge. For example, 1% of 10 million is 100k. At my level, that’s already a significant amount, even though in the bigger picture it might not seem like much.
For me, it’s not really about the money itself. It’s more about the motivation to build something, to help people, and to become a reliable point of contact others can turn to.
It was just an idea that came to mind, and I thought maybe someone could benefit from it. I don’t know exactly how all script trading deals work, but I do know that there’s a lot of money involved—even with very small percentages.
chill nobody say that, but you start one day or day 1
I don’t know, man. He sounds more trustworthy than you. I mean, come on. Glastnost? We know how that worked out…
Thanks what i need to do in flying whats that ?
Wow I cant wait to send my 500m lifetime subscription to this 2 day old account and definitely not get scammed by the script seller :)
yeah okay maybe its a shitty idea, or no use for it...
Somebody has a problem what maybe need to be fixed ? which problems you has what a other palyer can solve ? Maybe when he has a faction which is coordinated what can a guy like this do for you
Iam much hardcore roleplaying GTA 5 New York so iam not in a forum here i never was in a forum before but for me its like i write with other homies or gangster or something like this iam not a guy behind computer you know, maybe that is a good explaining who iam
I started by gaining my own networth..
Then after time I built relationships..
I didn't just immediately go into torn and day 1/2 try and get people to trust me with any amount of money because that's not gonna happen buddy 🤷
Your doing too much and trying your hardest to get people to trust you, how about you grow and show us you can make a income by yourself first? 👀
Edit - you don't even know what flying is.. 🤷🤣
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD yes okay i understand was a stupid idea to create something like this, was more in cahrakter was thinking maybe somebody see potential here in me and make partnership or something iam a good guy which words has weight
So when in the forum rules is written scamming is not allowed how i can scam then someone wtf so i mean for all who reading it
Thanks for that clarity
I mean, try to see it from my perspective. I know I would never scam anyone, but at the same time I see how much distrust there is everywhere. So I ask myself—what’s the smartest way to make money in an environment like this?
To me, it’s simple: just be different from everyone else. If everyone else is constantly scamming, then the real opportunity is in being trustworthy. That’s just who I am anyway—it’s not even that hard for me to resist that kind of temptation.
Honestly, I’m confident I’ll succeed in this space one way or another. If you put in enough time and stay consistent, the results come naturally over time. For example, just today I turned 70k into 230k—that’s more than 3x. And even then, I don’t really know what to do with it. It just sits in the bank earning interest.
That’s exactly why I’m thinking beyond just making quick money—I’d rather build something solid and long-term.
but thanks for your help, iam not the fast guy iam only the directly, i know you see much people but you never seen one like me before
Stay safe bye