Every now and then I find an inactive account, usually thanks to a Duke mission, that has a description I think is just fascinating.
Accounts that have a whole collection of old logs and records that give snapshot of what Torn was like way back when. I find them fascinating because it really shows how the game has changed over time, what things used to be like, and what people's priorities used to be in the old days. To me, they're time capsules, and hunting for them is hard but really damn fun.
It also shows how people have changed, usually in their profile pics. Some of them have very flashy, low quality, edgy pics that make it clear this thing came straight out of the 2000s. It's a real hit of nostalgia if you're up for it.
Naturally the best accounts are the oldest ones which had decent activity before falling off. In this case we have _G_UNiT_[967244]
6400+ days old and 3800+ days inactive. Showing interesting records of what things like Merc hits, losses, and even how weirdly expensive LSD was at the time. Also shows the insane amount of inflation Torn has gone through in that time, but I'll leave that to you.
The most fascinating part here is that Xanax and LSD prices were comparable. 375k per LSD and 550k per Xan as it shows on this guy's buy list. That's really insane and I love it.
Do you have any time capsules of your own? If so, then please post them. And maybe also think about what your account will look like in 10 years. Maybe you could even make your own.
Mentions: _G_UNiT_ [967244]