Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

HTML question

Started by PhanPhanwhat [3947295] on in Questions & Answers.

5 replies · 68 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
27 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

PhanPhanwhat [3947295] ×1

PhanPhanwhat [3947295]

Do different forums have different rules for HTML formatting?

I am trying to create a certain look in a post and it works great in the faction forum; but when I try to put it in the trading post, it breaks. A couple of things look the same, but it’s all messed up.

 

Does anybody know why this might be happening?

PhanPhanwhat [3947295]
[image: i.postimg.cc]

ACTIVE VICE BUYER • ONLINE DAILY 10AM – 1AM TCT • FAST PAYOUTS

PRICE LIST BAZAAR START TRADE

✔
SAFE
TRADES

🚫
MUG
FREE

🤝
TRUSTED
BUYER

BUYING DRUGS & ALCOHOL

Buying consistently • Fast payouts • All quantities considered

Competitive pricing based on quantity and market conditions

SIMPLE PROCESS

1. Review the price list
2. Send trade or message
3. Fast, clean payout

SELL FAST • GET PAID • MOVE ON

START TRADE NOW

Mentions: PhanPhanwhat [3947295]

PhanPhanwhat [3947295]

This is what it’s supposed to look like, but when I put it in the trade forum it shows several of the links as text instead of clickable boxes. 

Beerstein [1322136]

You just gotta make sure you are copying from and pasting to {source}

 

While the forums are all the same, Torn itself doesn't support all HTML, though I'm guessing you're aware of that.

PhanPhanwhat [3947295]

Thank you for the response. Yeah, I was aware of the lack of full HTML support, and I was testing it in the faction forum first to be sure it worked, which is why I was surprised when it didn’t. It broke really badly the first time by just showing the actual script. Then the second time it showed parts of the intended design, but long blue text links for clickable areas. Something finally aligned though. I pasted it once more and deleted the last empty line (which shouldn’t have made a difference, to my knowledge) and then it worked.