Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Offering a service

Started by CrazyJ22 [2282334] on in Trading Post.

23 replies · 143 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
21 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

CrazyJ22 [2282334]

If you want a middle man for a deal because your scared of being ripped off or robbed well I offer you what I call a safe trade 🔒 both parties would trade me the things there are trading weather it be a property or items or a faction or even money i take both items and then process the transaction by giving each other what they are owed this service will only cost you if you decide to give a donation for the service also will take rw weapons and Xanax’s for donations as well depending on the value of the trade also ecans and edvd all kinds of stuff really so if your intrested or are in need of my service please by all means send me a pm or hit my mail box ps: rule is if I get mugged during a cash deal of any kind the person who gave me cash will not receive there money back it will in fact go back to the other person so you will be out money and no item 

CrazyJ22 [2282334]

No man I’m serious I don’t have the stats to be chased by people or faction I have no intention slot scam or cheat anyone I don’t wanna have to spend my torn career in the hospital my friend I actually enjoy playing then game

Apolinus [3017918]

Oh wow so if my friend and I wanted to trade money for a very valuable item you would be willing to hold on to both of them for us.  This sounds like a great idea, I’m surprised no one else has thought of this.

 

I would like to use your service to buy a PI for 1.66 billion.  Your fee would be 166 mil it sounds like - quite reasonable.  

I want to do the deal but the only catch is my money is in an investment service and there’s a 20 mil early withdraw penalty.  If you send me 20 mil so I can get my 2 bil out, I’ll pay you back and then we can do the island trade.

 

Send me the 20m when you’re ready.

fleurie [3576969]

it's already risky enough to trade someone when ure dealing with a lot of money, now you want to step in and have BOTH parties to give you everything based on your word, without any collateral.

 

i want to offer my services too to anyone who wants to quit their game, to send me all their stuff. i will hold it for them until they wish to come back to the game. 

Cafe_Glace [3656183]

Good intentions don't always produce good results. You might mean well, but honestly the risk is already a big one. Adding a third party is just asking for trouble. I don't see this being your golden ticket to making money in Torn. 🤦‍♀️

Yu-Ri [2854222]

Wow how people have failed to realise this amazing business idea. Much wow so trustworthy 10/10 would do it again

Broxogar [2728258]

Look, this can work in some games (EVE Online comes to mind) - but honestly isn't necessary in this game.

Not only that, a pre-requisite of any kind of service like this is developing a reputation for being trustworthy (not to mention charging a reasonable fee that doesn't completely negate any actual gain).

Some noob saying 'Hey I'm trustworthy' will never get anywhere in any game...

CrazyJ22 [2282334]

It’s only a bad thing to bring a third party in if they are gonna rob or manipulate you. My terms of service are pretty clear upfront. 

SirIcyDragon [3407522]

Interesting. Let's bring in the mathematics on this.

 

Standard mug% is 5-10% of money on hand, mostly 5% rolls since it's getting more and more unlikely the higher the standard %. In this scenario they got the mug merits 10/10 and a filthy 27% plunder Kodachi, because it's an advanced mugger. The trade value is 100,000,000$.

 

Your Service: 

100,000,000$ X 0.9 (10% off) = 90,000,000$ (10mil. for you, from customer)

 

A literal trade cancel mug (best case with given scenario, money stolen from a mugger):

100,000,000$ X 0.0885 (5% standard X [50% merit bonus + 27% Kodachi Plunder]) = 8.850.000$ (minimum of advanced mug result, for the mugger from me)

 

 

 

Side notes:

  • Selfhosping is real. Use a wrong bloodbag or Ipecac Syrup, turn your revives off in the hospital. Nobody can mug you while trading now.
  • Most muggers are not advanced like in this scenario. The standard mugger most likely uses a lower % plunder (like 23%) and has 7/10 mug merits (the difference would be 1% of money mugged in this case). If the damage is not as big as with a Kodachi, you might even have enough time to store your money in a prepared ghost trade.
  • Most traders don't mug their customers, especially not trade cancel muggings. That's only a small percentage of players you should be afraid off. Most of the time you're just fine.

 

 

Result:

Your offer will cost me more in most cases than letting a mugger mug me. The chances are not in your favour on this. And your prices/fees don't benefit us for using the service. What a shame :/

CrazyJ22 [2282334]

Yes but if they do buy mugged me since I wall be holding both items the mugger would lose his money and it would go to the other participants there fore the mugger would be out of money and the item/ items 

CrazyJ22 [2282334]

Also the 10 percent was just a number I throwed out I just made this so no that you one the point that 10 is a little excessive I’ll change that 

Cafe_Glace [3656183]

While that may be true, you don't have a reputation. Maybe if you were an established trader with lots of positive reviews and then started to offer a service like this it would be successful. But starting with this as your business model is deemed as high risk by outsiders.