Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Heated rigs

Started by Art3mys [3456728] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 132 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100
Art3mys [3456728]

Is it normal for all your rigs to get burned up after a few dozen nerves?

I'm currently using the standard? rig with one full of PSUs, the other two with 7 heat sinks and 18 HPCPUs.

When I use it, it always get burned up pretty quickly, with big red Xs all over the place, and it decreases the number of words I crack.

 

I was wondering if this is what happens to everybody or am I doing something wrong?

I have both overclocking education finished as well.

Reshula [2644462]

If you want to do a lot of cracking in a short span of time you need a rig setup that doesn't heat up as fast as what you're using.

 

Check this list of rigs

 

It includes a column of "Uses", so the number of times you can crack in a short time before it overheats. You're probably using a setup with a very low value here, 4 or 5 from your description, so try using something with lower heat and more uses than that.

 

For example, this setup (for your 50% overclocking and your 75+ skill) has 89 uses which should be plenty.

Art3mys [3456728]

this setup works much better for me as well, but even still the four hpcpus around the central heat sinks gets burned up..

Mr-Fixer [447734]

This is my set up, when i started to use it, was getting 5 turns before full overheat, after many uses im now starting to see 6 or 7 turns before full overheat.

BjornOdinsson89 [3666214]

The heatsinks are supposed to, you want them to absorb the heat, what you dont want is your components (cpu's, power supplies) to heat up. 

 

Edit: re read your post, im a bit tired lol. 

aessedai82 [3436693]

I could be wrong because I haven't seen your setup but assuming you are using the 9 part cooling setup, I suspect that you may have placed a wrong component (happened to a faction member of mine).

 

(edit) This system will never overheat because every block is cooled by a heat sink and water block.

 

Here's the setup without the cpus for you to double check. (image from Reshula's guide on rig setups)

 

 

 

Mentions: Cracking - Rig List and Optimization Tips