The Unix Epoch clock is about to roll over 1777777777 in a little under an hour.
I think that's cool. *shrugs*
Started by Wreck-It-Wren [2172553] on in Technology.
Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
The Unix Epoch clock is about to roll over 1777777777 in a little under an hour.
I think that's cool. *shrugs*
That is pretty cool, sup Wren
I'm very excited! I've waited 56 years for this moment 🎉
Had to Google. That IS neat!
From Google:
The Unix epoch is the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970 at midnight UTC time minus the leap seconds. This means that at midnight of January 1, 1970, Unix time was 0. The Unix epoch is also called Unix time, POSIX time, or Unix timestamp. On systems where the representation of Unix time is as a signed 32-bit number, the representation will end after 231 - 1 seconds which will happen at 3:14:08 on 19 January 2038 UTC. This is called the Year 2038 problem where the 32-bit signed Unix time will overflow.
I am here for this. Yes, finally something I don't miss out on!
Damn you beat me to the screenshot BULLY. At least I can say I was here for it!
And there it is! Kind of a neat slice of nerd culture. Hopefully see y'all on 2029-11-09 03:21:28 TCT (for 1888888888)
03:15:20 - 03/05/26 Wreck-It-Wren sent a Gold Watch to you with the message: You win!
I shall wear this until 1888888888 B)
lmk when 2000000000
GMT: Wednesday, May 18, 2033 at 3:33:20 AM
Your time zone: Tuesday, May 17, 2033 at 11:33:20 PM GMT-04:00 DST
Relative: In 7 years
Do we get a new collectible to celebrate?
Just learned how to read the clock in Prague, now getting all sorts of weird ass clocks. I can't keep up.
Can you define what makes a normal ass clock?
I'm still recovering from Y2K...I can't deal with all this 😩
One that uses base 10 math to match literally everything else we do.
damn, it already passed :(
67's in chat
Moved to Technology.
This is real cool and I missed it. I'll put an entry in my calendar for 2 all the zeros