Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[SITE] Torn Tracker.

Started by Noigralam [3800244] on in Tools & Userscripts.

50 replies · 836 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 51 / 51 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
51
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Noigralam [3800244]

Hello fellow Tornian(s).

Ever since I stepped on to Torn, I've wanted a bit more cohesive insight into my finances than what the Torn itself offers. I've seen (and used/tested) few options to do this, but none of them really 'did it for me' the way I want my itch to be scratched.

So, eventually I made my own (and like any good developer - stole some). It's been under testing by myself and few fellow faction members, but I'm sure there's a bug or two hiding somewhere, not to mention stuff missing that I somehow overlooked. 

 

Below are few screenies from pages I tend to look at a lot and get happy thoughts from numbers going up (or down - doesnt really matter as long as they move).


 

The site can be found at https://torntracker.net - do hop to check it out, there's even 2 different demo versions to look at to see what it is like without committing in any way or form yourself. (disclaimer, while the data you see on demo accounts is authentic snapshot of yours truly - it is from ages past and dates/times dont hold up - so dont come guns blazing when the 'bank investment' is about to end according to that data there :D )

As we are all greedy bastards, I'm one myself too (and I'm lazy on replenishing my Xan stash), so I gatekeeped few things behind subscription model (1 xan every 2 weeks - I'm not totally heartless, 7d trial period) and your trust to allow me to have your full api key.
IF you are a cheap bastard like me, you dont want to pay anything nor give access to your most valuable - limited key is fine, you'll just miss some things. (do see the demo accounts to see the difference).

Some of the missing features are a necessity, since that data isnt available elsewhere than your log.

 

IF you happen to like what you see and hop a board - do know that I will store your limited or full apikey on the torntracker.net servers database until the moment you decide it's enough and delete your data on the site (which you have ability to do so :D). I will use said key to download relevant api endpoints from torn's api backbone to grind your numbers for you to look at.

And like any good project, this thing is permanently under development (as long as I'm around on Torn) and if you happen to think it's missing something, would need something or feel anything. I'm open on discussing things and feasibility of it. But as we all (hopefully) have a life outside Torn, I'm also not available 24/7. So be patient (and get a revive from WTF Healers!).

In the end, it doesnt matter if you join our merry band or not. The site has already fulfilled what it was made for - my enjoyment of numbers going up/down or sometimes sideways.

Luschka [3114568]

This looks neat, i tried, but I seem to have some problem,,
some log of me receiving direct money transfer from player seem to be missing, and not counted,,
it somewhat messing with the actual income i received.
I recheck my log in torn, the log exist, but i don't know why the website didn't record it.

Noigralam [3800244]

Those things are oversight on my side. I'm trying to figure out how to 'catch all', since they were initially missing altogether. :)

If you wouldnt mind pm:ing me those log lines and I can look on getting stuff sorted. :)

EDIT  : this thing is now fixed/sorted and added to calculations/shown on income page. Also added little changelog part under help page to give bit of a glimpse what changes have happened recently.

Gramms [4190850]

I like this but the font size is just so small and zooming in breaks the site. If you could fix that that would be nice!

Noigralam [3800244]

Nudged font size up by one. Added option into settings to change it further from that -2, -1, 0 (current size), +1, +2 for both desktop and mobile separately.

Noigralam [3800244]

Well, initially there were no limit on backfilling data history, but I was bit hesitant that stuff might not work as intended, so I pushed in a limit to 1 year backwards from registering day.. 

One user with plenty of history managed to squeeze in before this limit kicked in and his stats made it obvious that there are some 'issues' on how the data was processed.

I made some changes on how data heavy pages are handled and it _should_ be a bit more smooth ride on those regards. If things look smooth, I'll re-evaluate the currently enforced limit on fetching history.

SPEEDY1612 [3912107]

I remember being a guinea pig when you were testing this site, it turned out to be good!!!
One-stop site for everything!!!!! Woot Woot

Noigralam [3800244]

As a feature request, added a 'buy-mug' section in and did some fiddling and diddling there. For all you buy-muggers to enjoy some data how well you're buy mugging :D

(do note, demo doesnt really show information here - since it's only for naughty people, and yours truly isnt naughty ;D)

(some little tweaks and creaks here and there too)

castiron [2323029]

I like this concept a lot but it seems to be missing any company data (income, networth) for directors. I make ~$35m/day from my company but that's not reflected in the income area, or the company value listed in the networth tab.

 

Additionally, the battle stats tab is showing I had stat decreases back in Oct-Dec which is clearly incorrect since my bstats haven't decreased.

Noigralam [3800244]

Ah. Companies are one of the oversights on my part, 'cause I dont (yet) own one. I'll see if I can cook up something on weekend on that matter and get them added on relevant spots/pages..

As for battlestats, you managed to find one of the many bugs hidden in the code. Congratulations!

The bug in question showed it's ugly face due paused api key and just one snapshot of data. No backfills to relevant time back yet. The bug is now atleast caged to different location and there should be no dip in battlestats (tho the graph may start ackwardly).