Hey does anyone know why I have to do a captcha every time I log in now I travel a lot so that may be a issue idk if someone can help shed some light on the situation please do
Captchas?
Started by demonfox21 [3208020] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 62 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 24 / 100
- Engagement score
- 44 / 100
DN is usually a persisting issue, I’ve seen countless players encounter it
Definitely has to be in DN
Moved to QnA
The FAQ next to the captcha explains everything that can be made public about the tool. These checks will come up if the system detects suspicious, excessively repetitive or automated activity. The system will automatically remove you from the list once things go back to normal.
I did have them for about two months, no idea why it started.
I always thought it was because of my internet provider using NAT. Which means a load of customers have the same external IP address, so it could look like Torn was being used by loads of people from the same IP, when in fact, the external IP gets translated to their local IP with the internet providers infra.
Anyway, it went away.
NAT is basic and used literally everywhere now, cant/shoudnt be the problem. Someone doubt VPN but clearly devs are smarter than that. Well its annoying but i guess it help catched a lot of cheater so mehh... Still, they should improve this system.
Good point. It just coincided with me changing providers, the new one using NAT, the old one not using NAT.
Glad those 'bikes' and 'bridges' are no more. :)