Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

A Modest Proposal

Started by Waxilium [3469889] on in Graveyard.

22 replies · 294 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Waxilium [3469889]

I want Torn to change the word used for "Energy" to "Determination".  Now, I can already anticipate many of your responses to this suggestion, which range from, "But, why?", or "that's really stupid", or even "STFU Waxilium, or I'll hosp you into oblivion!!!1one", and all of these are fair responses to make, but hear me out, gentle readers, because I think you are overlooking the most important benefit of changing this terminology:

 

The abbreviation for this all important resource would change from "e" to "d"

 

Think of the astounding statements that people could now exclaim with this simple change! 

 

"I better go to the gym, I'm almost full up on D."

 

"Man, I have so much D after I took that last xanax."

 

"That's it! You've done it now! I'm going to attack you with ALL OF MY D!"

 

The possibilities are endless, as are the opportunities this would present to enhance the culture of discourse in this already very high-brow game community.

Waxilium [3469889]

Optimal gameplay actually involves using your D before you are completely full, so you always have room to regenerate more D 😉

Sweeney_Todd [27468]

Oh dear god, you think this is either serious or funny, it's not...

 

It makes you look like a teenage boy who has learned a new word...