Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn Community Awareness

Started by VittoScarlate [3870957] on in General Discussion.

37 replies · 449 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 38 / 38 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Dsla [2807954]

Raiding them making them quit their faction would be a benefit over the shit perks they have now.

BjornOdinsson89 [3666214]

Though it could be, I stopped trusting that site (and a few others) when I copy pasted Edgar Allen poe into it and it told me it was 100% written by AI lol. 

JustJanet [911066]

Lexy, you are giving him exactly what he wants.  He is firmly and fully under your skin.  His replies to you were not inappropriate. He either ignored you or focused on his plan to bounty you.  

Bountying is part of the game. You have only proven that he is using a specific game tactic. Yeah it sucks. He’s not harassing you.

, he’s keeping you bountied. You becoming convinced that his bountying his olds faction leader illustrates how obsessed and unhinged he is is you not understanding bounties. It just shows he is  an equal opportunity bounty placer. You were not the exclusive target. Irritate or offend him and it appears he bounties. That shows rationality. 

This may or may not be a case of rebuffed interest but you did not convince anyone.  You show no evidence this has anything to do with gender. 

This is what we do know. You irritated him enough to bounty you after you blocked him.  It went on for a couple days  and you unblocked him to talk to him again.  You escalated the issue by involving his faction.  You escalated it more when you reported that he keeps bountying you. Now you have given him ultimate proof that his bountying is bearing fruit by coming to the forums to let all of Torn know that he is under your skin.  

In the future try truly ignoring the person bountying you. Don’t react other than to med out or log off. Don’t talk about it on chat or on the forums. IGNORE!  It means act as if it is not impacting you at all. As it really shouldn’t.  Just plan your time wisely. Open up windows to train and crime and med out.  Med out train and do as many crimes as you can before being hospitalized again.  Then log out or come to forums.  

Beerstein [1322136]

 

“Attention seeker.”
“Overreacting.”
“Can’t handle Torn.”

 

And that mindset is exactly why so many girls stay silent when they deal with this kind of behavior privately.

 

What the fuck this got to do with girls? You're not a victim cause you're a woman. Etno gave me shit too back in the day and I just blocked and ignored him. You're not those things cause the thread, you're those things because you're bringing up gender when there's 0 indication this has anything to do with gender.

Rodrick [1402437]

Bounties? That's money for your faction mates. Just tell them to claim the bounty and med out.

 

Beyond that, there is a way to block them, so they can't initiate chat with you.

 

Then you could just forget that they exist.

 

Just looking at your profile, you seem to spend a lot of time online, without doing much gameplay, but your net worth is fairly high?

I'm not very knowledgeable about these things but something smells a bit (cat)fishy to me.

 

$1,000 bounty? Does anyone even claim them? Honestly even a noob can make more selling a loss.

 

Trailblazer [2926943]

Images for the UK crowd since they can't use Imgur:

Image 1


Image 2


Image 3



As for the topic itself, my thoughts are to just ignore them and be on your merry way. Seriously, this is such a nothingburger. You want to see what actual bounty spam looks like? I'll show ya!

 



This went on for about a week or two in total, all over me stat revealing them after they posted IRL harassment on the forums. That's what "bounty harassment" looks like in the game. You know what I did about it? I medded out every chance I could and left my revives on when my CD was full since people like freeviving that type of person for whatever reason.

The point is that you need to chill. Report what's a reportable offence, block them, and carry on with your day. This only adds fuel to their fire and if you can't handle this level of smoke, then this might not be the game for you.

Michelle-420- [732810]

To be fair, anyone can just wake up and simply choose someone to bounty repeatedly for giggles if they want then mess with your head when you decide to start a line of communication. It's pretty common to irritate people.

ThyGoodChange [4155849]

At first I thought this a nothing burger and I feel like it's normal in Torn but when I check your profile and your a woman, I conclude I think he have a crush on you