Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Make flying tolerable

Started by -Cyn- [4238084] on in Suggestions.

4 replies · 68 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
20
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
-Cyn- [4238084]

Allow players who are flying to view (but not interact with) game systems such as Education, Faction pages, Item Market, Stock Market, and Company pages. This would let players research, plan, and compare prices while traveling without affecting game balance. Not asking for you to change anything that would effect game balance, just asking for view only permissions if everything you’re locked out of. Questions that frequently pop up while flying, did I pay my upkeep, did I forget to join an OC, hmm what are current rent prices, which education gives me the best overall stat increase next, what items do I have that I can sell when I land, what’s the current faction perk layout after the leader made changes.

like I want to be able to plan ahead to make use of my time, just give me view only permissions to see everything in game but not interact. I don’t think that’s asking for too much. It’d make the game a whole lot more enjoyable while flying, and have more people logging in while flying since they aren’t actively locked out of everything.  Just my two cents 

-Cyn- [4238084]

And yes I know there are 3rd party applications, but when you play mostly mobile it’s not feasible, and I want to improve the base gameplay 😊

JackKelly [2271177]

What a totally original suggestion that has never been suggested before...ever. Out of curiosity, why can't you plan before you catch a flight?

 

 

That being said. It was 5 years ago, and travel 2.0 is being worked on. Even though I rarely fly anymore, and still wont regardless of what changes are made, I hope your wish comes true. I hope you can access the entire game via the airplane, so every player that recently hit level 15 will stop complaining about being locked out of parts of the game during the100% optional travel experience.

-Cyn- [4238084]

no one implied that it wasn't suggested before... and as you said that was 5 years ago... And idk, i wake up and check stuff and then fly, but maybe during a down time at work, or a lunch break i'd like to log in and plan ahead, but alas i'm still flying so I can't.  Just trying to make the most of my time playing a game that I like.  You don't really have to be a dick about it, and its not 100% optional travel experience early on in the game its really the only way to make money to lvl up.  But maybe since its been while since your lvl 100 and been playing forever you forgot how the mechanics of the early game worked...

JackKelly [2271177]

There are other ways to make money, but thats neither here nor there.

 

I'll be more specific...Optional Travel Times. It isn't as though you have a departure time that you have to be at the airport for. Handle your business before you fly. 

 

I remember all to well the flying days. The difference is I synced the flights around my rl schedule. So didn't particularly miss not being in game during my flight times. I would suggest anyone to do the same. 

 

Of all the flight suggestions, the look but don't touch one seems the most pointless. What if you didn't join an oc, or pay your upkeep? You still can't until you land, so what good does knowing you haven't. What are the prices of (x) items right now, it doesn't matter because they may be different when you land. What are the current rent prices? The same they were before you flew out and will likely be the same as when you land. See what I'm saying? You want to be able to plan things out, well, make checking those things before or after your flight part of your plan.