At what point are happy jumps no longer worth doing?
Happy Jump
Started by iambrxken [4004230] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 7
- Authority score
- 44 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 31 / 100
- Engagement score
- 55 / 100
200-300k in the stat you're jumping
Generally 250k in a stat.
Also, console jumps are a tiny bit slower but much more cost efficient, feel free to read my guide
Mentions: Console Jumps: 37.5k Happiness on a Budget - The Ultimate Guide
Its debatable and everyone will tell you differently.
Up to 3-400k per stat is the usual consensus.
Joining a 10* AN could make it worthwhile up to double that.
On the other hand, training 3 x xanax a day and being in a music store for gym xp gains can also be on par with those gains.
I dont think there is a single figure that fits all. Depends on your style, your budget, your goals, your game time, etc.
It's a curve depending on how high your happy is when you jump and how much e you jump with.
For basic 5 edvd without job perks enhancing it on a 1k e stack its around 300k. If you work an adult novelties so edvd add 5k per it goes higher because your happy is so much higher when you jump. If you worked at a place that gives e for jp and used that with the stack it would also be a bit higher.
The thing to remember is the point at which you should "stop" is when the natural e regen lost from stacking would provide more gains in the gym without boosting happy while living in a max pi.
The cost of jumping is rather high for new players. Most would be better served stopping well short of the "stop" point. As you pass 200k for a basic 5 edvd jump your only doing a little better than basic 3 Xanax a day and all regen but still spending over 20m for the jumps. Is it worth 20m to do just a little more?
If I were to do it again...well I'd find a different game lol....but honestly. I'd get into a music store asap to unlock gyms faster. I would save all my money in bank until I had around 50 to 75k in each stat before I started jumping. Just doing 3 Xanax a day and regen until then to get as much e into unlocking gyms as I could while starting on passive income.
I'm not sure off hand how far that would get me in gym unlocks...if it put me close to heavyweight I'd hold out till then but I think I'd be short. Either way the better the gyms you use the better the jumps will be. At this point if I could get into a AN, I would but I'd not try too hard. I would be completely fine just staying in the music store until I had George gym unlocked.
I would start doing 1 jump a week until 200k per stat. It won't take that many.
Others could jump sooner and more frequently but they won't be too far ahead. Your gym unlocks and passive income will put you in a much better place going forward. The better gyms are significant.
This is all with the understanding that living in a max pi is achieved. Training or jumping while living in anything less is a mistake and wasting money. The first thing I'd want to pay for is a max pi, then to afford 3 Xanax a day and a refill. After that max bank and get education stock block. Those are the most important, budget happy jumps as secondary to those goals.
Baldr tell us to go until 150~200k each stat or 400k if you work at a 10* AN.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16034448
Mentions: Baldr's Basic Advice
"The math says that happy jumps are more effective than basic natural E + xanax training up until about 400,000. (For each stat.) And roughly double that if working in a 10* Adult Novelties.
Hawk posted a chart earlier in this thread showing that.
However, I recommend stopping happy jumps sooner than that. 150k-200k per stat for most people, or 300k-350k for those working in a 10* Adult Novelties. (10* special in an Adult Novelties doubles the happy you gain when using an edvd.)"
I agree that people should stop happy jumping before the math says too, but the mathematical answer should also be given in the response. The reason this question gets asked every other day is because people get so many different answers that dont explain the whole situation.
@OP
Happy jumps are still the most effective training method until you reach 400k per stat, but it makes financial sense to stop doing them around half that.