Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Another mans trash...

Started by Algraves [3949901] on in General Discussion.

17 replies · 433 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
42
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

Algraves [3949901]

I started this game a few days ago.. well apparently i started a while ago, as when i actually tried to start a few days ago and got your email was already in use i was like... what? So i did the password recovery stuff and saw i had never played but did have a character, or had not completed a character?  Anyway, after looking around and getting a feel for the game and getting a welcome message from one of the people who do that. 

 

 I thought hay, why didn't i try this earlier? Liked it so much i went and got a monthly sub. Then i though, why did you do that, you always just jump in then cancel 3 week later cause you get bored or forget and etc... Then i went to the dump and started searching.

 

That's when a weird and crazy and funny challenge popped into my head. Sure i got a job, (eventually...) sure i an getting an education, but the focus is crimes and making money. So I will only only use items for said crimes if i can pull them out of the dump, or sell the items from the dump and use that money to purchase what i need for the crimes. 

 

Its been an eye opener to say the least, some of you people throw away some interesting things. I've been playing about 3 days now, have almost a full sat of basic leather gear, a sidearm with bullets, throwables, and have been able to pull of or attempt skimming, bootlegging, disposals, arsons (thanks for those methane tanks whoever)..  and a few other, even had someone i didn't even know break me out of jail. Just from funding or equipping myself from other peoples trash. 

Here is the fun part, just to keep it entertaining, any money i make, i put into the Stock market ( i use it as my bank) and don't touch it, cause I only use the dump to fund my activity's. The banked money is for when I'm ready to upgrade my lifestyle aspects. so will i ever be able to finish the missions this way? not sure i care... but its fun trying. Keep tossing out your trash, ill find a use for it one way or another...  

Algraves [3949901]

Maybe but that the great thing about this, even if it fails spectacularly. I can see how far and how high i can rise before it happens. Then... can i beat it?

Dakarnob [2810608]

I suggest you read baldr's basic advice from tutorials and guides forum. After that if you want to take a challenging route for fun then it's up to you. But you should not hope to reach a comfortable place through the challenging route.

Teddy- [1724400]

This.

 

Torn is a PVP game and battle stats are what matters. Stop wasting energy in the dump and start training in the gym.

 

There are plenty of other opportunities to make money which will enable you to buy better weapons and armour after you've joined a faction and a company.

 

And whatever challenge you are doing you will reget if you actually continue to play for months or years. You'll be like...

 

I wish I didn't waste all my time doing a stupid challenge when I started because now I'm way behind

 

Algraves [3949901]

i don't waste all my time at the dump, never said i did, just said that's how i fund my crimes or need items. I do use the gym daily. and often but when i need to do crimes i split my energy. Its a resource management system after all.  

Pavers [3029445]

This is an interesting and challenging way to play the game.  I'm approaching 3k items found in the dump during my short time in Torn.  Most have been, appropriately enough, rubbish.  But around Christmas time Duke can be generous.

 

18:16:35 - 17/12/25 You used 5 energy searching the dump and found some Xanax dropped by Duke

 

Good luck with your challenge, and I hope that Duke favours you too this Christmas.

Algraves [3949901]

LOL for those of you with years of playing this game thanks for the advise, I understand where you are coming from, I know you know way more than i do and have a way better handle on the ins and outs of the game. I'm not discounting that or try to throw it back at you like i know better. I don't. like i said. I am a new player. Thanks for the advise and trying to help. I am however, an old hand at these games and a lot of games in general, been playing since dial up wash first invented. been around the block a time or two. In the top guilds and the bottom of the bottom. Ran or lead bead both as well. Im here to have fun. Chose to try it this way and to share my experience so far to see what type of response i got.

 

Some of you have been extremely helpful or thoughtful in your messages and trying to help me understand the game, others lets just say if i ever do decided to play this more seriously, i already have a list... so that's fun too. I have noticed that ever since i posted here i have been targeted and hospitalized, multiple times a day... that is telling in and of itself. 

 

Anyway keep having fun, I am.

Daws [3649436]

There is always ways to min max games, but everyone has the right to play how they want. Reminds me of all the successful YouTube series coming out of the game RuneScape. Boils down to people finding a way to play a game that makes it fun for them. You have a tough road ahead of you, best of luck and I hope it doesn’t force you to leave torn! 

WitchChild [1987262]

Nice.

 

Also don't forget to put all your merits into Awareness and search the city each day.

 

Torn is just a big dump after all.

spookieolive [2728974]

Torn gym grind no-lifers go feral when someone plays the game with any ounce of having fun. Ignore the haters, I think this is a nice lil challenge! Enjoy exploring the game :)