Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

grave

Started by Prevalence [2825160] on in Graveyard.

7 replies · 154 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
Trailblazer [2926943]

It isn't just newsletters, I was trying to do something in Torn on my phone last month and it literally took me 10-20 requests for a new 2FA code (I fucking hate 2FA but that's a different rant for a different time). I'm assuming it's either what Torn uses to send out emails, the provider blocking them, or the email just being sent to the shadow realm. It's fucking awful.

 

Fear not though! We're adding another 20 dogshit honor changes, ass models that look like they were made with ChadGPT, and "fixing" flying because it had a modicum of playability to it.

IndyCision [2597200]

How far back are you going in your log where no newsletter was sent for over a year?

The only time I've seen a duplicate was at the same time, not 6 months apart, and only because I requested a resend.

https://www.torn.com/page.php?sid=log&log=340,400

 

Who is your email provider? Hotmail and yahoo (and some others) are a lot stricter with their spam rules - gmail is usually OK (but if enough other people report a specific newsletter as spam it will stop it from being delivered - adding george@torn.com to your safesenders will stop that from happening)

 

TL;DR - Is this a "you" problem?

Prevalence [2825160]

I use Gmail, nothing in spam. I also repeatedly get repeats of certain months without asking for them.

 

For instance this entire year all I've received is Summer 2025, and again Summer 2026.

 

Spring/Autumn/Winter didn't exist in my e-mails. I have the same log as you but it was never sent to my e-mail.

IndyCision [2597200]

Nothing funky related to conversation view in your gmail settings or anything?

 

It is a giant mailshot that goes out over several days each time - they are not going to somehow resend you an old newsletter while still sending the right one to every other player...

 

Summer 2026 didn't even exist when they sent out Spring 2026 or Autumn 2025, so you couldn't have received that one multiple times this year...

 

Edit: Misread, you claimed to have been re-receiving the Summer 2025 not 2026 all this year. The first part about sending you something different still stands though...

 

Edit2: Still add george@torn.com to safe senders list though, so it doesn't get filtered if other players report a specific newsletter as spam.

RavynAndromeda [4254410]

Well duh, 2FA has no legitimate purpose. It's just like the existence of TSA:

 

' We're doing this for your own good. No metal on your body, in your luggage and no liquid or else. '  that's literally totalitarian in nature ' woops sorry we must end your rights so that you remain safe.'