Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torns worst performance areas what's your thoughts?

Started by Chappie [2912755] on in General Discussion.

48 replies · 468 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
49
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Beerstein [1322136] ×1 Chappie [2912755] ×1

Chappie [2912755]

 

I’ve been thinking about the current state of Torn and I’m curious what others feel are the weakest or most frustrating parts of the game right now. Torn is still one of the most unique browser MMOs out there, but like anything long-running, there are areas that feel like they could use improvement or refinement.

 

From my experience, a few things stand out:

 

1. Early to mid-game progression gap

There’s a noticeable jump between new players and established ones. Once you get past the beginner protection phase, progress can feel slow and a bit unclear. Some players adapt, but others feel stuck without direction or consistent goals.

 

2. Travel / energy loop repetition

A lot of daily gameplay revolves around repeating the same cycles (train → travel → commit crimes → repeat). While this is core to Torn, it can feel grind-heavy over time, especially for players who aren’t deeply invested in faction warfare or competition.

 

3. New player retention experience

Torn is complex, and while that’s part of its identity, the learning curve is steep. Some systems aren’t immediately intuitive, and new players can miss out on key mechanics unless they actively seek guides or outside help.

 

4. UI and quality-of-life consistency

Some parts of the interface feel modern and polished, while others still feel dated or require too many clicks for simple actions. Small QoL improvements across the board could make a big difference.

 

5. Balance between veterans and newer players in PvP

High-stat players naturally dominate, which is expected in a long-term progression game, but it can sometimes discourage mid-level players from engaging in combat or wars.

 

None of this is meant as a complaint about the game overall Torn has a really strong core and a loyal community but I think it’s interesting to talk about where friction still exists and what areas feel the least refined.

 

Curious what everyone else thinks what do you feel are the weakest parts right now?

 

Beerstein [1322136]

Dear Chappie [2912755] :

 

This is letter is to serve as official notification of copyright infringement pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”) 17 U.S.C. § 512(c) (3) for materials on this thread title.

 

I, Beerstein [1322136], am the exclusive rights holder of the following copyrighted material that is posted without authorization on your thread title:

  •  What are the worst performance areas in Torn right now?

 

Upon receipt of this notice, I request that you expeditiously remove or disable access to the materials identified above as being the subject of infringement.

 

I am providing this notice in good faith and with the reasonable belief that my rights as the exclusive rights holder are being infringed.

 

Under penalty of perjury, I certify that the information contained in this notification is both true and accurate and that I am the owner of the copyrighted material identified above.

 

If you wish to discuss this with me please contact me directly using the information below:

 

 

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

- Beerstein

Mentions: Beerstein [1322136] · Chappie [2912755]

Chappie [2912755]

Just because mine has more detail and effort put into it somethings I actually noticed that need to be worked on like #4 for example 

Zoot [1759387]

Can you really say you put effort into it, if you just typed into ChatGPT and made it do it all for you? What a crock of shit, atleast beerstein wrote theirs.

Chappie [2912755]

Was spose to be a genuine post about torns performance that I've been making for over a month but one sook ruined it because of a title 🙃 was still in process of different graphs for crime performance ect but yeah thanks I guess I'll let y'all just figure out how shit some things are on your own I guess had hospital travel attacking mugging and all on the performance ect of what I've noticed was gonna go on about how different things that you do drop computer/phone performance as well like how laggy it gets when doing chains sometimes 

Beerstein [1322136]

Imagine making a joke and accidentally triggering the second grumpiest* bastard in Torn who results to immediate name calling.

 

01:25:12 - 25/06/26 You used 50 job points anonymously delaying the arrival of Chappie's flight by 116 minutes.

 

*Starts with an S ends with a y