/grave
Add a Player Status Bubble
Started by yanchoy [2625349] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 7
- Authority score
- 26 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 38 / 100
- Engagement score
- 47 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Elizabeth [2339829]
· 5 likes ·
AI;DR - He wants the Discord status bubble, but for Torn. Genuinely not a terrible idea, but for fucks sake, write your own damn posts. This is such an incredibly simple one too. You can literally just take the first …
Thanks ai for another bad sugestion
AI;DR - He wants the Discord status bubble, but for Torn.
Genuinely not a terrible idea, but for fucks sake, write your own damn posts. This is such an incredibly simple one too. You can literally just take the first two sentences you have and make that the entire post. You don't need all this extra stuff for simple suggestions like this, and you sure as fucking hell don't need an AI to write it for you if you feel so inclined to include it. Had you just written the first two sentences and nothing else, I'd have upvoted this.
#chedging
facts lol I feel like we are already in idiocracy. Cant people just think and write for themself?
As Elizabeth said, Iam not against it even thou iam not a fan of the idea. What I hate are braindead AI posts.
Edit: Also your AI is broken, or you are a wizard with 25 hours in a day
-
💤 AFK until 25:00 TCT
>Edit: Also your AI is broken, or you are a wizard with 25 hours in a day
It just means it wasn't all AI. Familiar with humor? Most of the content is originally mine, I simply used AI to improve the visuals and formatting.
I know some people are strangely allergic to AI for whatever reason, yet they'll happily use spell check, calculators, and countless other tools without a second thought. AI is just another tool. It doesn't magically replace the thinking behind the (5 min ish) work :D
Even Torn has allegedly used AI to enhance some honor bars, the horror.
I simply used AI to improve the visuals and formatting.
Yup, that's kinda the problem. I promise you, it's way better and far more satisfying for everyone involved if you just learn to add visuals and format it yourself.
I know some people are strangely allergic to AI for whatever reason
Allergy ≠ intolerance. But yes, generally speaking, there are many people on the internet, myself included, that have little to no tolerance for AI. Why? Because it's an ingenuine, lazy, and unethical tool for doing a job that didn't need to be automated. Using any form of generative AI is a big no-no for me. I generally won't hold it against the person who used it, but the content it generates is completely off the table for me, this thread included. Learn how to do things, don't rely on an AI to do it for you.
they'll happily use spell check, calculators, and countless other tools without a second thought
A calculator isn't an AI. Hell, for a long time, calculators weren't even electronic. Calculators are just a series of logic gates that produce an answer to a mathematical equation. Spell checkers weren't AI, at one point. And I promise you, the moment they pivoted to being AI, I turned them off on all my devices. As for other tools, yes, I use other tools on my computer, my phone, and other devices. Know what I don't do? I don't use the AI tools.
AI is just another tool. It doesn't magically replace the thinking behind the (5 min ish) work
It... doesn't replace the thinking, no, but it does try to do some of it for you. The trouble isn't AI came up with the idea. As I said before, if the post was just the first two sentences, I'd be all for it. The trouble is that AI came up with the everything else. It didn't replace the thinking behind the post, but it sure did do the actual work for you. I'd much much much rather someone make a poorly edited and formatted post that has a good idea, as long as the idea is clearly communicated, than a lazily slapped together AI post that looks pretty and has way more details than necessary.
Even Torn has allegedly used AI to enhance some honor bars, the horror.
I don't know about the honour bars, so I won't speak on that, but Torn does, unfortunately, use AI for the George chatbot. I don't like it, I don't use it, and I wish Torn didn't do that, but it's non-intrusive and seems relatively simplistic, and there's nothing I can do to have Torn remove it, so it is what it is. Still hate it, but there's nothing I can do about that.
All this to say learn to do shit yourself and I promise it'll be more rewarding, more satisfying, and will take you much further in life.
#chedging