Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Pointless races

Started by Oook [2559571] on in General Discussion.

18 replies · 431 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
18
Likes on archived posts
44
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100
Oook [2559571]

If we're doing custom races we probably don't need the points

 

What we want are docks ( Volt GT) or speedway ( Veloria LFA) if you're either online permanently or close to a xanax cooldown

 

You definitely don't want a 19 hour start time, a stock car, a different car.

 

P.S. why did I stop after the merits not 100 skill. Idiot

 

 

Rogue [1873490]

What? Don't put these stream of consciousness rambles in the racing forum. I don't want to read them there either.

CockyNudist [2209950]

See 23 min docks race that isn't full

Join it and log off

Check back that night and see there's still 15... hours... left

VaguelyCanadian [2678408]

I don't know what your point is here, are you saying that people should only ever make those two races in customs?  That would imply that the only reason people ever race is for the sake of rs gains and that everyone would have to want to minmax, instead of just having fun playing the game.  

 

Your first sentence references points, which makes me think racing points, which makes that sentence read like you want atock races, but you later say "we" (who tf is we??) don't want stock races so it can't be that.  It's not like custom races award points either so I hope that's not what you meant either.

 

If you're just saying any non minmax races are pointless, then yes of course they are, but so is the entire game... because it's a game.  Join whatever races you want to join and let everyone else join/run theirs, live and let live.  Also never presume to speak for everyone when airing personal opinion.

Callaghan [1316121]

No it's true, the number of times I see a docks race soon and think I've got a good XP boost coming and then it's stock class D or something 

Pete1994 [965235]

You definitely don't want a 19 hour start time, a stock car, a different car.

No one is forcing you to join these races. Just create your own you lazy sod

 

why did I stop after the merits not 100 skill. Idiot

There are a few OC roles that rely on driver skill. I see you are in torn doing nothing. Remind me why you think it's pointless to join races, as opposed to doing literally nothing?

lockup [3300790]

Help me understand, OP,

 

if you don’t want points, but you just want to race Docks and Speedway, do you just want the highest invisible RS above 100 in the HOF?