Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Donator Pricing issues/Description wrong

Started by Za_Tower [4015918] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 35 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100

Most-liked replies

Za_Tower [4015918]

Device: Google Pixel 4a Android: 13 App version: 2.3.29

Hello so I was looking at the differences of packs vs sub and I ended up clicking the little lightbulb icon and it says subs are cheaper then donator packs but when I look up how much one pack is worth vs one month subscription they both cost 7.90 canadian (that's not a cheaper price)

Now the annual comes to around 5.75 canadian

So the descriptor is wrong and should state (Only the Annual is cheaper) as to not misguide people into believing monthly sub is cheaper then a box IRL money

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Google round up the prices in some cases, a situation that is unfortunately beyond our control.

 

Donator packs are set to 5USD, subscriptions are set to 4.85

 

But due to some currency conversions they round it slightly resulting in that slight discrepancy. On all other payment options outside the app you won't see this, and other currencies may see it differently too.

 

I don't think this is an error in the tutorial tip that needs adjusting as I don't think it's deliberately misleading.

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Google also add tax at point of sale which I another gripe I have, sometimes resulting in a higher price there.