Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Help with a problem player.

Started by Zynoni [3831642] on in Questions & Answers.

32 replies · 372 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 33 / 33 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
33
Discussion span
→
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Zynoni [3831642]

I don't normally do this but I'm at a loss as to how to deal with a problem player. 

 

Back story. 

 

This player was inactive in the faction I co lead. Outrfaction leader is currently absent dealing with a sick family member so has been offline for about 2 weeks, leaving the faction in my hands. 

 

Said player had been inactive for 3 days. Our only faction rule is to be active at least once ever 24 hours. I sent the player a message letting them know that if they hit 5 days inactive they would be sent their faction funds and removed. They are welcome to reapply when they can commit to being active and following our only rule.  I didn't think I was being unreasonable. 

 

They replied when they came back online and demanded their money and said they were going to leave. Fair enough. Their money was sent to them. They left. All was good. They then sent me another message saying we sucked at the last war.

 

Yeah we did, we lost. But this player was out highest level player at level 91. He made 24 hits in the war. Out top hitter made over 100 and was level 31. Our second highest hitter was level 17. I only made 10 hits during the war as I was dealing with some IRL drama with my health and a very serious issues I'm dealing with that I won't go into here. 

 

I told him that we didn't need his attitude in our faction, and that we lost the war cos he put in low effort. I blocked him and added him to my enemy list. 

 

I thought this was the end of it....I was wrong. He's been placing max amount of bounties on me since Friday, so for the lastly 7 days. I unblocked him and told him to grow up as he was just wasting money and being a little bitch. Also mentioned that he was lucky it was me he was dealing with and not out leader cos our faction leader wouldn't stand for any of it and would have reacted way worse than I did. 

 

He blocked me. Fine fair enough. Didn't stop the bounties tho. Them messaged my torn husband and said I went too far blocking him and he would be putting bounties on me permanently because he clearly didn't like the truth. 

 

This is starting to impact the running of the faction now and I have no idea how to stop him or deal with him as I've never had such a cry baby lose his temper with me and be so petty. 

 

Any advice would be awesome, please cos I'm getting bored of being in the hospital 24/7. Reporting won't help either as he's technically not breaking any torn rules or guidelines so what do I do? 

 

Please help me. 

 

 

WhackedMaki [2587660]
  1. Just ignore it. He will get bored and stop. Your mistake was unblocking him and messaging further.
  2. Bounties are not really that bad. I don't understand how you are being impacted in running the faction with them on you. Perhaps more specifics there would be able to give more direct advise.
  3. In the future, just ignore people who want to bitch. There's nothing positive to be gained by responding. If people are bad members, no amount of talking to them will change that. Just move on.
Pinguux [2331130]

Yep what whackedmaki said..

 

Just ignore it and move on, he will get bored in no time 😁

 

Get stronger also and he can't cause you any issues then 😉

 

Also "Them messaged my torn husband and said I went too far blocking him and he would be putting bounties on me permanently because he clearly didn't like the truth."

 

If he trys to circumvent the block you can report him for doing so..

 

Good luck in the future 🐧

Zynoni [3831642]

Thanks everyone for the replies. I know it's not life-changing or anything, it's just more of an annoyance really. I can only play for a short time most days, and being stuck overseas for hours is really not fun. 

VaguelyCanadian [2678408]

Flying with bounties is bad when you can't reliably be on when you land to make use of the immunity window.  Try your hand at trading instead, with revives off getting a bounty claimed actually helps protect you from muggers while you earn your money

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

"I told him that we didn't need his attitude in our faction, and that we lost the war cos he put in low effort. I blocked him and added him to my enemy list. ...... I unblocked him and told him to grow up as he was just wasting money and being a little bitch. Also mentioned that he was lucky it was me he was dealing with and not out leader cos our faction leader wouldn't stand for any of it and would have reacted way worse than I did."

 

Hate to break it to you, but you're the instigator here. What you've described is what the pros in the game call FAFO.

OpticalDelusion [4283975]

I'm very new, so I may be missing something. Can't you coordinate with a faction memeber to med out and have them claim the bounties? Split the money and view it as a non-voluntary sale of losses?

Kim_1 [2724964]

Have a fellow fac member help claim the bounties, as opticaldelusion said, when you have the med cd. When you go offline, turn on revivies as well, hell get bored in no time, or run outta cash.

Zynoni [3831642]

I didn't instigate at all. He started the bounty campaign before I unblocked him. That's why I unblocked him, to tell him to pack it in. But he started it cos I called him out on his bullshit attitude. So you say I instigated it because I was managing my faction?? Ok then. 

Triarius22 [2763264]

If you call a stronger player a little bitch for any reason, what exactly did you expect to happen? As a de facto leader, yes, you should enforce standards, but start with yourself.  If you abandon strategy for ego-driven escalation and get into a pissing contest with someone who vastly out-stats you, you are going to lose. You initiated a state of asymmetrical warfare and are now complaining about the consequences.

 

Let's apply a simple mirror test. If a much weaker player messaged you, insulted you, and called you a little bitch, I bet you would absolutely bounty them into the hospital too. Why expect immunity when you are the one instigating the hostility?

 

The hypocrisy here is also glaring. This is about a player with a three-day absence while your own faction leader, likely one of your stronger members, has been missing for two weeks. His criticism of your faction being weak is just as valid, if not more so, than your criticism of his inactivity. Your own leader is not even there.  Your RW activity isn't great and was considerably less than his.  Activity, by the way, has very little to do with level or even battle stats and most of us expect leaders to do more, not less.  Do you even see the double standards of excusing your own leaders absence and your lower activity with DARVO tactics while threatening to boot this guy and insulting him?  And your are STILL fighting the feedback you don't like here with angry Chihuahua energy and not seeing your major role in this.  Yikes! 

 

Good leaders keep their cool and de-escalate.  They have humility.  They try to find out what is going on before they react. You both brought reactive aggression to this exchange, but he actually has the stats to back it up and was more active than you or your leader while you are insulting him for low activity. You are squarely in the 'find out' phase of your own actions. If you had been polite and simply wished him good luck in the future after paying him his share, there is a 99.9 percent chance that none of this would have happened. Blocking someone, unblocking them so you can mouth off more, and coming here whining with complete cognitive dissonance about a situation you actively provoked is not going to help you.  

   

DudeGuyBro [2649020]

this person is lying about certain details to make it seem like they are completely innocent, the reason for the bounties is calling me pathetic, adding me to enemy list and putting me on ignore list which i found to be completely unreasonable and does not give me chance to respond. hence the bounties, you unblocked me called me a bitch then reblocked me so then i blocked you back.

 

"They then sent me another message saying we sucked at the last war."  i sent both those mgs together don't understand why you lie about certain details

 

i helped win the war before this one which we were losing but i helped with comback (its true im not that active which i told the leader) i still have faction leader on my friends list i have no beef with him he was cool and said hello like a normal person which you never did which is why i said YOU should get a warning for sucking in war, not the whole faction

 

 

16:14:40 - 26/06/26

Zynon:Dude, u need to be logging in every 24 hours. You are on your 1st warning. If u get to 5 days offline you will removed from the faction due to inactivity.

01:30:34 - 27/06/26

DudeGuyBro:send me my balance so i can leave

DudeGuyBro:you should get a warning for sucking in war

12:32:32 - 27/06/26

Zynon:With pleasure. Level 91 and only made 24 hits. Pathetic showing. That's why we sucked at the last war. Lack of effort. Don't need an attitude like yours in this faction anyway.

Sun 10:56

Zynon:Mate, grow up yeah.

ur only wasting ur own money dropping bounties on me like a little bitch. ur lucky the Faction Leader UTU has been offline so long. He

wouldnt have been as polite with u as i was.

 

Nerlair [1950861]

leaving your faction is the best thing he could have done, idk why he even joined such a low respect faction 93k that doesn't even have the basic drug toleration perks LOL

 

you should be glad that a 1.2B TBS even join your shitty faction in the first place

Svoky [3794075]

Can you please just tell us, or ask them to tell us, how your faction leader would react even worse then you did, please?

 

As observing the culture in such a noble and inspiring faction would definitely help us all to get better at playing the game and having social interactions with others?

 

Trentacles [4369118]

"I loved the part when @Triarius22 dropped the truth, and then @DudeGuyBro finaly shows up and shows the otherside!  Popcorn anyone...."                              (waits with anticipation)