Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Training questions

Started by OpticalDelusion [4283975] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 239 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
46 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100
OpticalDelusion [4283975]

Sorry if this is covered, bit all my searches for info seem to assume basic knowledge that I'm missing.

 

If I pay for training from a company, do they pick the stats that are trained, or is it dependant on the company?

 

Is each train always 50/25 points, or does it scale?

 

It looks like I should expect to pay 300-400k each train, does that sound right?

Lady_White [2676391]

It’s always 50 in the main stat and 25 in the secondary stat which is depending on your role in the company. You may ask to be trained in another role but you may have to pay more as that wouldn’t benefit the company.

 

train prices range, and are often to do with the company and it’s stars, you’ll find companies with smaller profit margins, charge more in trains to cover it. But 300k is a good price as far as I’m concerned.

Triarius22 [2763264]

When I sold "premium trains", usually to newer accounts, I would train any primary stat they wanted.  It isn't hard to change someone's poisition to a specific job to train that specific stat, and then change it back before it is used to benifit the company.  Train prices also vary with the type of company and how many trains you can buy in a day and other perks granted while there.   If you can only buy 3 a day, each train will likely cost less than if you can buy 10 in a single day; time is money.  I was charging 800k per train, 9 or 10 a day, any work stat you want trained, any and all work stats accepted meaning day 1 noobs are fine as long as they can pay.  I have a long term buyer now which is much easier even though I charge him less.  

Blazeon [2856659]

you can choose what stats you want to be trained. if your director don't want, just find another companies.

but it always 50 main 25 secondary, if someone said different, don't believe them.

 

price ranged from 200k to 1m (maybe even more or less) depend on:

  1. how much train per day
  2. company type
  3. company stars
  4. your stats
  5. on some occasion, total on how much you buy. (like buying 50 trains might be different with when you buy 1000 trains)

 

 

JackKelly [2271177]

You can choose what stats you want trained within reason, but each director is limited to the job positions available for that company, and each job position has a set primary and secondary stat. 

 

So using an adult novelties for example, since that is a popular one to buy trains from. If you want your manual to be trained as primary and intel trained as secondary, or vice versa. That just isn't an option. So yes, you could then leave because they are unable to train the stats that you are wanting, but you probably should've done your research beforehand and not wasted your, as well as the directors, time. 

 

So, @OP make sure there is a job position with the primary and secondary stats that you want trained as an option in the company before joining it, and especially before implying that the director is being dishonest for not providing it. 

Blazeon [2856659]

Yeah that's what I mean, if director don't want to train the stats you want, just find another company (whatever it means to find another company type or another director based on what you want)

 

What I was saying for don't believe is for 50 main and 25 secondary, not the "won't train" part.

 

Like for example if they say 100 main and 50 secondary train, that's a lie. 

 

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Gul_le_Necro [2852040]

50 main stats - 25 secundary stats so it depends of your position in the company.

 

If you both agree, the director can switch you before the training and put you back at your previous position.

GarethJewel [2937426]

On the matter of trains being 50/25 I think theres sometimes some confusion because of the way the daily stat gains are written and theres some confusion between the two. If you read the wiki about the daily stat gains it says it scales to what % of the required stats they have reaching full gains for the person when they have the minimum required stats. That being said, when I started my comoany I hired some newbies and when I asked them what stats they were gaining per day they told me it was the fill daily stat gain, so IDK if you have to be REALLY under the minimum to receive less daily or what.  

I thjnk people read that and confuse it with trains though and ut gets repeated from person to person. 

pdk [3626257]

It looks like a bunch of people here are saying that directors wont train you if the stats you want dont fit their schedule. Directors can have you in a position, swap you to another, train, and swap back, without affecting your efficiency in the company, but effectively training the stats you need

JackKelly [2271177]

"It looks like a bunch of people here are saying that directors wont train you if the stats you want dont fit their schedule."

 

Lol, literally no one said that. 

 

"Directors can have you in a position, swap you to another, train, and swap back, without affecting your efficiency in the company, but effectively training the stats you need"

 

A bunch of people did say that.