Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

The Pond

Started by DeadLeg [942057] on in Roleplay.

2 replies · 22 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
1
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
5 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
37 / 100
DeadLeg [942057]

 There is a benefit to flight delays; gives an excuse to have a cigarette in the parking garage. The hum of the airport puts me in a trance as I think of the luck I’ve had up to this point. And the fear of my future within the city.

 

  I was awaiting Brahn's flight, they're new to the city and eager to make an impact. Like everyone else I suppose. Wasn’t about to shatter his ignorance with the fact that there are so many deep rooted families that the chances anyone would notice ‘em are next to zero. But I’ll notice him, I’ll witness his greatness. Taking a glance at my wrist watch I twist up the filter-less cigarette and toss it as I walk through the doors of the terminal. From a distance I see that happy mug turn into a goofy smile when I fall into his sight line. Big man nearly takes out three bystanders as he barrels towards me; he is a hugger so I try to match the impact to not be driven through by it.

DeadLeg [942057]

  While I was Born for War'ing it an old friend reached out to me. SAYSQUASH[1381550] had won a jackpot and was ready to retire but before leaving they left a substantial amount of money with me. This was used to start my Private Security Firm, think this was the summer of '23. Like most things in life I took the hard unadvised route. Staphy[52696] laughed at my stubbornness but gave me some great advice on running a company. At any rate, starting that company from nothing as opposed to just buying one meant many long hours. Meant gaining my employees trust and respect. That being said lottsdestone and AbhiD420 were the first to become Blue Ducks. And I will never forget how quickly they said yes and stepped up to the challenge of once again starting from nothing with me even though this road would be a much longer and harder..

DeadLeg [942057]

  Brahn and I like to go to this little diner in the city, this territory is being controlled by 39th St Warriors so I feel moderately safe. I doubt they worry about my antics anymore but I still keep an eye on the regulars. Thanks to the heavies in my old family I never got much retaliation for my actions, but now that I am on my own... I look over at Brahn as he lights his cigarette. We like a good smoke after our meal and there's not too many places that still allow that to happen.
  "What you mulling over in that head of yours, Step?" Brahn asks while leaning back in his chair
  Quickly straighten up and get out of my head to answer 'em.

  "Oh, huhh.. nothing really. What you want to do today?"

  He somehow finds a way to lean even further and then quickly removes his feet from the chair, falling forward he stands up as soon as those front legs of the chair hit the ground.
  "Poker!"

  I give a good chuckle, ball up my napkin and throw it on the table as I stand up. The diner door swings open and a well dressed individual walks in, there name is Mr Black. As Brahn figures out the tip I approach Mr Black to once again bug 'em about joining up with the Blue Ducks. This gangster has been making money hand over fist for years just under the radar of the Factions. This is the kind of player we need in the Blue Ducks. Lets hope my persistence gets rewarded.